Who likes iced coffee? 33 calories!

Replies

• acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Bump
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    I'm confused. You just told us how to put milk and sugar in our coffee. People do that every day. This isn't a recipe.

Yeah... that's why I said I was slow. :laugh:
    For me it was really the vanilla extract to make it VANILLA iced coffee that tastes just like the Iced Coffee at McDonalds but runs 33 calories instead of 100++ calories that got me excited. :flowerforyou:
  • nicoledenae
    nicoledenae Posts: 17
    omigoooosh!!!! thank you!!!!:happy:
  • tobeygirl45
    tobeygirl45 Posts: 57
    bump!
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    nic one. Will have to try this. My hubby drinks lots of iced coffee so might give it to him for a go too
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Sounds yummy. I might try and use vanilla soy milk instead!! Less calories.

Just what I was thinking. I sometimes do one from the hungry girl website. With mini chocolate chips, sugar free chocolate syrup, & diet swiss miss adds up to only 103 calories if you use soy milk. I like this simple recipe too!
  • BUMP!:bigsmile:
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Bump!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Yeah... that's why I said I was slow. :laugh:
    For me it was really the vanilla extract to make it VANILLA iced coffee that tastes just like the Iced Coffee at McDonalds but runs 33 calories instead of 100++ calories that got me excited. :flowerforyou:

You could use vanilla flavored coffee instead and save yourself a few added calories! :)
  • rjazzbiel
    rjazzbiel Posts: 1
    I've done similar to this, before I started dieting, but I added creamer, which had way too many calories. Vanilla extract sounds better. Thnks!
  • Kimmerz1
    Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
    I'm confused. You just told us how to put milk and sugar in our coffee. People do that every day. This isn't a recipe.
    [/quote

She did NOT tell us how to put milk and creamer into coffee she was telling a 33 cal ICED Coffee and HOW TO MAKE IT.. RE-READ it since your CONFUSED.
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    bump!
  • Okay so I finally made my version this morning. Here it is:

2 cups of homebrewed coffee
    .5 cup of organic vanilla soymilk
    1.5 tsp of non calorie sweetener
    1 cup of ice.....

Only 46 calories... I usually have a coffee drink that is 160 calories so I am quite happy with the calories... The taste is pretty darn close to my favorite coffee drink also...
  • I'm going to try this. I got addicted to the Star$ one but it's very expensive and I suspect high in calories. I take my coffee black so it would be a low calorie treat for sure - thanks!
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    bump
  • Thank you so much! I will be trying this.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    bump
  • Eliza0930
    Eliza0930 Posts: 21 Member
    Bump!!
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Thanks!
  • ARiendeau
    ARiendeau Posts: 4
    Tried this today with 2% milk and splenda and was pleasantly surprised..... it DOES taste just like ice cappuccino from Robins donuts (small town Ontario Timmies, LOL) and a mocha lata from Cinnabon (I think that's what they're called?) Anyhow, I'm super excited! I love iced coffee! Next time I think I will freeze the coffee in an ice cube tray (or maybe the milk) and put it all in the blender to make it more "slushy".... thanks for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.