Goal Weight

Options
Ok so I completely understand that your goal weight is more like your goal weight range. But i'm wondering at what point do you decide where you wanna stay. I have 15 lbs to go but i think I'd be more happy with losing 20 at this point even tho i know 5lbs isn't going to make a huge difference. I guess i just feel like b/c i don't know what i'm going to look like or what i'm going to be happy with, I can't decide on a goal but I feel weird not having a "real" goal?

I know I'm making this into more of an issue than it needs to be but any input would be helpful about how you decided on your goal weight/range and where you are now and if your mind changed about your goal weight on your weightloss journey.

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Its just a number. It doesnt need to be set in stone. As a rough guide, I just go by what I have weighed in the past and feel good at? But as I get older, gain muscle, get fitter, dont feel so self conscious, if its winter or summer, the numbers change! :laugh:

My 'real' goal is to fit into UK10 jeans!! That's far more important to me than what I weigh :bigsmile:

Good luck, hope you find a goal that inspires you :flowerforyou:
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had a similar question recently. Play it by eye. If you like how your body looks in the mirror then make that your goal weight. If not, adjust your goal by 5 pounds or so. That's what I'm doing. I'm less than 5 pounds from my current goal weight which is the top of my healthy range, and I will probably keep adjusting the goal until I'm happy with my final result!

Great job on your loss! Good luck!
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Just see how you feel once you hit your first goal. When you're comfortable with your body, that's when you should maintain. But remember, there is such thing as too skinny.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I want to be a size 7. A 30 inch waist or smaller is considered healthy I read.
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    I never knew what my goal weight would be in late 2009 when I lost 35 pounds, but I know I got to ## and I could have lost another 5 I felt, but for now, I'm just keeping my Lowest Weight in 18 months....as my Goal Number
    :-)
    Frankly, I don't think it's That Important to have a Goal Number.
    It's one of those things where we can wait til we get there to fiddle with the last three pounds or not. !
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    I know what you mean about having a range. Then it becomes hard to decide how far you still have to go. I'd say keep your goal weight at 15 lbs away or whathaveyou, and maintain once you get there for a little while. Tone up or whatever, then you can decide if you want to lose weight again.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I thought I was going to be thrilled at 150lbs. I thought that would be perfect so I got there and saw that I looked like a toothpick with a grape stuck on the end of it - I have a HUGE head. So I put on 10lbs and that was better for me.