Veggie Inspiration

Options
cmaurer4
cmaurer4 Posts: 33 Member
Ok, I need some new ideas for veggies. Lately I have been cutting up green pepper, carrots and cucumbers and making "snack packs" out of them to take to work. For dinner I frequently make asparagus (seasoned with some olive oil, pepper and garlic - yum!) or steamed broccoli. What are some of the ways you prepare different veggies? I need to switch it up a little. Thanks in advance. :happy:

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I love eating sliced sweet potato sauteed in fat free cooking spray and seasoning with McCormics Perfect Pinch, I love squash and zucchini sauteed with onions. Tomato and basil salad or tomato,mint and cucumber salad. Mixed veggies in Quinoa. Veggie Stir Fry....
  • rebkertesz
    rebkertesz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I often roast vegetables in the oven. Chop some brussel sprouts in half. Blanch in boiling water for a minute or two. Then put in a pyrex or roasting pan. You can add some brocolli florettes if you like. Spread out evenly, add some chopped onions, and spices like dill, rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper. Either use spray on olive oil, or carefully pour some olive oil on the vegetables. Bake at 500 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes. Tastes great.

I will also sautee some onions in olive oil in a large saucepan. Then add in my favorite vegetables and sautee them for a few minutes in the sauteed onions. Add some rosemary, salt, pepper, and other spices you like. Then add a two or thee ounces of water, turn the heat down low, put the top on the saucepan and steam until tender.

Enjoy.
  • sctracy
    sctracy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I saute (in 1/2 TBSP olive oil and some chicken broth) garlic, a few bell peppers, an onion, an eggplant, some tomatoes, and a few zucchini. My recipe makes 7 cups, each cup being only 75 calories. It's so delicious, and I can eat it all day long: with my eggs, in a wrap, for breakfast; on an English Muffin pizza for lunch; and with grilled chicken or a turkey burger for dinner...

I also love sauteed broccoli rabe in olive oil & chicken broth with garlic and white beans -- another side dish I could eat with every meal!