weight watchers or jenny craig?

Options
need some opinions. which one is easier? weight watchers or jenny craig? or slim fast? which one is cheaper? where can i buy the food? i Live in a small town in Maryland
I need to lose 10 lbs in 4 weeks

Replies

• Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    MFP for FREE!:tongue:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    MFP for FREE!:tongue:

And works better because YOU control what you eat!!!! Just my opinion....
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else. MFP is the much better choice. Those are just quick fixes and once u go off of them you can gain the weight back plus more!
  • HEBLAS
    HEBLAS Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    MOST DEFINITELY.... MFP! :happy:
  • alexa137
    alexa137 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    its not working so wanna try either weight watchers, jenny craig or slim fast
    would like people who have tried either of these to respond
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    :::: my opinion :::: Weight Watchers will get you used to eating normal, everyday food, and learn to live with these foods. While I think you may see faster results on Jenny Craig, I think you will find the cost factor very high and once you stop eating the Jenny Craig food, you will most likely fall back into the same old eating routine that got you here to begin with. Don't set yourself up for failure. I am a Lifetime Member of WW, so I can speak for that program. The Jenny Craig, I cannot. :drinker:

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU KNEW YOU COULD NOT FAIL?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    MFP FTW!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    MFP FTW!

FTW = FOR THE WIN??????? :bigsmile:
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    MFP FTW!

FTW = FOR THE WIN??????? :bigsmile:

Yes, for the win! and Ditto that!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from slimfast. Those shakes are loaded with sugar....and its never a good idea to drink your calories. Its better to get them from wholesome full-filling foods. I agree with the poster who said Weight watchers because it will teach you about eating....No fad diet is going to work long term, you need to learn to adjust your eating and exercise habits.
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    weight watchers because you dont need to buy there food you just buy your own food, and etc .. simple as that and you can still buy normal cheap foods
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers will be the best since it helps you change your eating habits and lifestyle more so. Remember though that there are no quick fixes... It's about living healthy for a long period of time and weight watchers expects that of you. All with eventually round out to be the same price in the end....
  • vaprescott
    vaprescott Posts: 1
    Options
    can some one tell us what MFP is, thank you
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options

My Fitness Pal.com.......................the site you're on now. ;-)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You don't need some kind of diet. MFP is free! This is a lifestyle change. Not a diet. A diet has a beginning and an end. It is something that is temporary. You wouldn't do Jenny Craig, WW, or Slim Fast for the rest of your life. A lifestyle change is something you do for the rest of your life. You have to learn how to eat healthy and how to incorporate exercise into your daily routine. There is no magic pill or diet. You don't need to go out and pay for some fad diet plan. Just use MFP. Log your food....everything you eat. Eat between 1200 and 1400 calories a day, eat your exercise calories, exercise, and drink plenty of water. You can do this without following a particular diet. It just takes willpower and determination. Best of luck with your weight loss journey!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options

My Fitness Pal!
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers is the best. They teach you to eat the right way, and you have the support of others. But remember, nothing is easy or fast. You have to work at it and be patient. You have to have a good leader at Weight Watchers so you are motivated to continue. Jenny Craig is easy because you eat their food - it isn't cheap, and it teaches you NOTHING. As long as you eat their food, you are okay, but once you stop.....the weight comes back on. And Slimfast is a total waste of your money.
  • Sexymomma76
    Sexymomma76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am doing Weight Watchers and MFP...I like Weight Watchers because you can eat what you want but in smaller portions. I've been on it since September and have lost 35.5 pounds so far. I still need to lose another 20 pounds but it's working for me. Not sure how much it would cost you there. I live in Canada and it cost about $60 for a monthly pass. The weekly meetings are great too for encouragement and support and celebrating your weight losses. Also going to my weekly meeting helps keep me motivated to stay on track. I love it and don't plan on quitting it anytime soon as I want to get my Life Time Membership after I've reached my goal. Hope this helps.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it again.... but..... MFP!! :flowerforyou:
  • bacarter18
    bacarter18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers and lost 30 pounds in 6 months. Unfortunately those pounds came back after my OWN carelessness and laziness... BUT my sister has done it and kept it off... my cousin, the same... my best friends mom has lost over 70 pounds and looks and feels amazing. It's truly about portion control and writing down what you're eating... just like MFP. I went to one WW meeting, and that was just to get the Starter kit... after that, I just did it on my own, with the books/guides they had... this was before it was online too. I like the online community... WW was great and I still eat WW food and have an idea of how many "points" to do each day, so that helps me while I'm doing MFP also.

If you're looking to lose the weight FAST it's different... WW and MFP I believe is about lifestyle change... that is where you'll see the true weight loss. A quick fad/diet might get the pounds off, but could be unhealthy or you might just end up gaining it back.