Bariatric Surgery Consultation

Options
Hey folks. I just posted a new blog about how I once had a consultation for gastric bypass. Take a read if you dare:

http://www.businessoflosingweight.com/losingweight/bariatric-consultation/

Don't forget to subscribe to the blog!

Have any of you ever thought about surgery? Have any of you actually had it?

Replies

• harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    bump
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery July 2, 2008 at my highest I was hovering around 300lbs I got down to around 155 after the first year. I slowly went up to 175.I've since started MFP and now I am back down to 160lbs and trying to get to my all time goal of 140lbs. If you have any questions concerning the surgery feel free to message me and/or friend me I love talking about my journey.The Good the bad and the ugly. :smile:
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery July 2, 2008 at my highest I was hovering around 300lbs I got down to around 155 after the first year. I slowly went up to 175.I've since started MFP and now I am back down to 160lbs and trying to get to my all time goal of 140lbs. If you have any questions concerning the surgery feel free to message me and/or friend me I love talking about my journey.The Good the bad and the ugly. :smile:

Thanks Nat. If you dont mind answering, do you still have to eat the egg sized portions or would you say your stomach stretched out? Just curious.
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much back to "normal size portions" I dont think I'll ever be able to go to a buffet and go crazy (nor do I want to) like I use to.After the first year and half youll slowly to start to increase your intake.
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am not planning to have the surgery, as my blog states, but I appreciate the info!