Hi!

Options
I just joined my fitness pal and am very excited to start the weight loss journey. I am 37 years old and the mother of 2. I have tried to lose weight since the birth of my first child. I had pretty severe pre-eclamapsia. I have tried several well known plans from Slim for Life to South Beach all to fail at them.

I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and have received a CPAP machine. I think that it is helping. I am sleeping better and have lost about 5 pounds before signing up for this.

I just need some encouragement to keep going and some very good low calorie and low carb recipes. My boyfriend is a Type I diabetic with Type II insulin resistance. We are doing this together to keep each other motivated.

Any help is appreciated.

Wenders73

Replies

• Teenamarie_36
    Options
    My name is Tina and I work with the Respiratory Department at a local hospital and I do two of the three sleep studies a week, starting patients with CPAP machines. I have done tons of diets and i believe tried every "miracle" pill out there. The only thing that I have been able to find that works is to eat, exercise, and drink water. You have to eat or your body thinks its going into famine and will hold onto everything. I eat a lot of fiber since thats what fills you up and keeps you full, and I drink tons of water. Feel free to add me if you want some extra support. I've been losing weight since september 2010 but have been on MFP since April. The support system here is fantastic!!!!!!! Good luck to you and your boyfriend :)
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i am here to encourage.....wishin you both the best