Where do people usually notice weight loss??

Options
:smooched: I have recently lost 11 lbs and in some ways i can see it but at times i don't. I've had a couple of people to say tnat they have noticed it and not that i'm not happy with it, but I just want to know if there is any particular part of the body more noticeable than the rest when losing weight?????

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Your face shows the results pretty fast.

the thicker parts of you take the longest to shrink, but smaller parts like wrists, face, ankles, etc. seem to show pretty soon.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I notice it more in the face than anywhere else. For myself, it's totally fascinating to me to wash my face now - I can actually feel my cheekbones!! I hadn't felt those for, well, probably around 15 years. I've lost around 50 pounds in the last 2.5 years.

A male friend of mine said, ahem!, that he noticed my "girls" stuck out a bit more, which told him I'd probably slimmed a bit in the ribs/waist area. :-D
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. For me, I'm definitely pear shape so it always come off my stomach first. My thighs and butt are the last to see anything.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    People noticed it around my face and stomach area! I am starting to notice some muscle definition in my legs too! Keep up the great work!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    For me it's my stomach, my face and someone said to me today my backside.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. For me, I'm definitely pear shape so it always come off my stomach first. My thighs and butt are the last to see anything.

me and you both girl!!!
  • lizzieballs
    lizzieballs Posts: 25
    Options
    :smooched: I have recently lost 11 lbs and in some ways i can see it but at times i don't. I've had a couple of people to say tnat they have noticed it and not that i'm not happy with it, but I just want to know if there is any particular part of the body more noticeable than the rest when losing weight?????

I have recently lost about 7 pounds, and while people have been saying for a while that they notice it in my face, my shoulders and my arms, I still didn't see it at all. Then I woke up one day and noticed my boobs were smaller. Since then, I notice it other places too.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's different for everyone...just depends on your body type. I first started showing it in my face and ankles and now in my hips.
  • rhazelwood
    rhazelwood Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is usually noticeable in your face first because people look at your face when speaking to you. I all of a sudden saw it in my own face just recently but my husband says he noticed the difference a couple of months ago.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    7lbs down and I went from a C cup to a B cup... 'nuf said!!!
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I notice weight loss first in my boobs! :(

Face a little bit too, at least thats where I have noticed weight gain the most!
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It honestly depends on the individual- if you have a lot to lose, 11 lbs isn't probably going to show...but if you are smaller.....11 lbs could make a world of a difference. When I first started this journey, it probably took a good 30lbs before people noticed. I see changes with every 5-10 lbs at this point as I keep getting closer to my goal.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    for me it was my butt. I do a lot of work on the elliptical, so i think it is due to that, but also others noticed my face but didnt know why it looked different.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The first place I always notice it, is under my rib cage. I can feel it tightening up. :heart:
  • glamourenamored
    Options
    Usually around the collarbone/shoulder region & my lower back (muffin top territory). Thankfully my ladies stay put.
  • rice161
    rice161 Posts: 59
    Options
    I agree that the face is normally most visible but my wrists and collarbone definitely do too. After losing 20 lbs I couldn't tell either (I have a lot to lose), yet I took a picture to compare and was amazed at the difference! Now I'm planning to take one every 10 lbs as a reminder! Good Luck!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I lose weight first from my boobs, face, arms, and stomach. Last to show weight loss is my thighs and butt, unfortunately! I'm also pear-shaped.