The scale is moving very slow

Options
I've been working out consistently for the last couple of months, and I've changed my eating habits although I'm noticing a difference in the way my clothes fit, my weight hasn't decreased that much. Now I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

Replies

• PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Those are called NSV's (non-scale victories). Slow and steady. You're doing great!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    One question...have you been re-eating the majority of the calories you burn working out? Make sure your NET calories aren't below 1200 consistently. That seems to be making the difference for me...
  • chris_elizabeth
    chris_elizabeth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sometimes weight is not the best measurement of how well you are doing. Start tracking your measurements, you may be very surprised!
    I typically do a measurement update once a month....you can get very specific with it or be more general totally up to you and what you want to track!!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I'm a snail at weight loss too but see a lot of NSV's weekly. I'm down 1 to 2 pant sizes depending on the style, have lost greater than 12 inches, am more toned, have more energy, and exercise 5-6 times per week now. Getting easier to stay motivated and not eat when emotionally wacked out. I've only lost 16 pounds since January 3rd when I started but I know I will reach my goal of 60 pounds within 18 months to 2 years. That way I know I made gradual changes and it becomes the way I live, not a diet that I go off of and then gain it all back plus more. Just stick to your plan and if you binge, get back on track the next day and move forward.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • bsed18
    bsed18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a similiar story. I started my health-movement in January and lost 30 pounds in the first 3 months. For the past two months, it seems like no matter what I do, getting the scale down is near impossible. I am noticing it in my clothes as well, and am getting lots of compliments about how great I look. But still the scale doesn't show much loss. Recently, I have decided to try and kick it in gear. I am by no means an expert, but here are a few things that I have come across in the past months that might spawn some thoughts for you.

1. Change your workout routine. If you do the same thing day in and day out, your body will sort of become immune to it. You need to challenge your body. Switch up your routines.

2. You might re-evaulate your eating habits. Perhaps you are eating "healthy" and staying within your calories, but maybe you can make better food choices. Where are your carbs coming from? Whole grain breads are great for you, but perhaps you should be eating more fruit. Are you really getting enough protein? Depending on what your workout routines are, maybe you aren't feeding your body enough protein. I do not do heavy lifting, but my husband does. He eats a half cup of cottage cheese before he goes to bed many nights to keep his body going through the nigh. I won't lie...I have tried this myself a few times and each morning I have significant changes on the scale. Again, I am not an expert, and I don't hold stock in cottage cheese :). But perhaps it is something to look into...night-time snacks.

3. Are you drinking your water? Remember that water is important

Either way, keep with it.