protein bars

Options
Hi,
I'm wondering how healthy protein bars are? I sure like the idea of having something "like" a chocolate bar to snack on but wondering if it's a good choice. I had a peanut butter & chocolate Fit and Active one tonight.:bigsmile:

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a protein bar if im out hiking or climbing. I've also started eating them as snacks around 4 pm on my workout nights. My favorite are Power Crunch Bars.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    depends on what you are comparing them to. :laugh:

I like them to keep on hand for running out the door in the morning to the gym. Quick and easy and protein packed. Processed and sometimes high in sugar, but I don't eat them every day and I don't rely on them for my key protein intake.

If you enjoy them, everything in moderation is my motto.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    If you're just looking for a "snack" bar, and not necessarily a huge protein load, check out Larabar. They have a ton of awesome flavors, and there are only 3 or 4 natural ingredients in each bar.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Lara Bars are awesome... natural and only a FEW ingredients.. period. i also like Think Thin bars... or Pure Protein.
  • destiny637
    destiny637 Posts: 79
    Options
    I love Pure Protein Bars. I eat them for breakfast and they have 200 calories, and only 2 grams of sugar, which is significantly lower than most protein bars. They are filling and delicious. I'm kinda addicted, to be honest.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I love Pure Protein Bars. I eat them for breakfast and they have 200 calories, and only 2 grams of sugar, which is significantly lower than most protein bars. They are filling and delicious. I'm kinda addicted, to be honest.

yeah...i look forward to them after i buy them..!