iPhone arm band case - do you use/recommend it?

Options
Pebble321
Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
I usually carry my iPhone in my pocket or tucked into my bra (more room in there now!) but am wondering about getting an arm band case for it.
I've read a few reviews online that aren't really positive so I would love to hear your comments on whether you use one, and if so, do you like it and would you recommend it?
thanks

Replies

• Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    I use mine and like it. I was certain I would hate it, that it would be awkward, that this, that that, etc. ha
    I didn't want to like it for some reason.
    I bought mine at Best Buy. Very basic. I'll see whether I can find a link to it.

I have this one - I have nothing to compare it with, but it stays up on my arm and holds the phone. It does not jiggle or bounce, and I can use my phone easily. It was a little tight at first, the top one-inch flat/cover, but after a bit it loosed up. It's nice that it's tight and not loose so I think this is a good thing :-)
    The front of the phone is exposed to air, so when it's rainy/wet I have to put my phone in my skirt pockect (undershorts leg pocket)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish™+Mobile+-+Arm+Band+with+Molded+Case+for+Apple®+iPhone+3G/3G+S/8988884.p?id=1218006773437&skuId=8988884
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I picked up a New Balance one at Target and I like it a lot. The only downside is the screen is a little hard to see sometimes but it's not a huge deal for me.
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I mostly like mine. It's really convenient, has a cord wrap so that the cord doesn't bounce all around, and has a plastic covering so that I can still use the touch screen while I'm wearing it. However, if I don't put it on JUST RIGHT, and tighten it just enough but not too much, it pinches my arm and gets uncomfortable. :( Usually I just have to mess with it for a few minutes to get it to a comfortable place.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    If you have small arms I don't recommend it. I'm small (11") and the smallest one I found only went down to 12". I have to bend my arm to keep it on when I wear it, so I don't even use it unless I'm running. Then it has the tendancy to pull out my earbud cord. Maybe mine is just inferior though. I would love to find a better one.
  • sirphilipe
    sirphilipe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I bought one off ebay for about $15. It is great, I have big arms, so I wear it on my forearm. It seems to work better with the GPS apps for running/cyclying then and I can use the touch screen through th clear plastic front cover and it slightly weather proof.
  • mrstudz
    mrstudz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i sweat too much to carry around an iphone, ive already gone through like 3 lol...i switched to cheap 30 dollar mp3 players now and beat the crap out of em with no fear
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    i sweat too much to carry around an iphone, ive already gone through like 3 lol...i switched to cheap 30 dollar mp3 players now and beat the crap out of em with no fear

That's a good idea!
    Well, unless you wanted to carry a phone.
    What I need is a place to carry my Reading Glasses.
    I just tuck them in the "collar" of my shirt and secure the tip of an arm into my jogbra. So far no chafing - hope it stays that way!
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend getting one I bought mine at Target after shorting out my ipod with sweat :/ it was less then 20 bucks and allows me to be more active during workouts without having to worry about it falling out....or shorting it out with sweat again >_<
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate it.
    I am a bit worried that the phone will get sweaty and be damaged, but guess I can only give it a go, it already gets sweaty if I tuck it inside my bra, on my arm seems better than that!
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I used to use an armband for my iphone but it just didnt feel comfortable so I bought one you wear as a belt around your waist which I find is far better

http://www.tunebelt.com/domino/tunebelt/tunebelt.nsf/ip2
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I HATE INE! I go tthe super nice light weight padded one and it sucks....majorly! Get pants/capris/shorts with zippers on the butt
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have mine in an otter box so it has the clip on carrier. I use mine for the runkeeper app and it doesn't work right if you put it in your pockets. I clip mine on my bra in the middle and it works good there- doesn't move around. (probably looks weird but I don't care :D)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't have an iphone but I have an ipod touch and I have an arm band case for it. I thought I'd hate mine too but its actually not that bad.. and I got it at target for around 20 dollars.
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have one for my iPod (the touch) and I like it.

The phone doesn't get sweaty at all and it's securely in there. I got mine as a gift but I think its the 'official' one