Silk soy milk...eh

Options
I finally found a soy milk that I like A LOT better than Silk. I've always thought silk was a little over rated. Anyways, its called PEARL organic soymilk (creamy vanilla) its by the brand KIKKOMAN
its seriously delicious!! i like it better than real milk, almost tastes like a milkshake. 10g of sugar as opposed to 8g in Silk but I'd say its worth it :)

Found it at my local Dominick's grocery. Was less than $2

Replies

• nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    That one is a bit too sweet for me for everyday. I like it when I'm craving a sweet because it's better for me than the other stuff I can grab at work. I like the Silk Light Chocolate the best for my chocolate cravings. It's so smooth and refreshing but not available for a quick craving at my work. I usually use the Kirkland (Costco) plain for my everyday milk needs.
  • lalalalyndsey
    lalalalyndsey Posts: 565
    Options
    I LOVE SOY MILK!!! I usually go for regular flavor, but that's just me! Have you tried "So Delicious Coconut Milk"?? It's pretty new, and also pretty yummy!! You should try it! :)
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    I haven't but thanks! Yeah I LOVE sweet!!!
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    We've been rotating soy-almond and coconut "milks". I tried Rice Milk a few times but that stuff's pretty runny. I love the Silk with Omega 3 DHA or whatever it is. Yum- creamy. Almond milk is NOT my cup of uh, milk? Anyone try the Hemp milk yet? We don't have it in our area yet. I hear it's pretty good though...especially with brownies. (my lame attempt at humor at this late hour).
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I like the fat free so good original just because it doesn't leave a yucky after taste...but lately I've been diggin' original almond milk. I still get my calcium and it's only 60 calories a cup
  • BBaley2720
    BBaley2720 Posts: 13
    Options
    I would go with Blue Diamond Almond Milk unsweetened. It's made from Almonds meaning that it contains very good fats that help with your cardiovascular system. It also has no sugar at all
  • tanyamg
    tanyamg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is also great.
  • lalalalyndsey
    lalalalyndsey Posts: 565
    Options
    We've been rotating soy-almond and coconut "milks". I tried Rice Milk a few times but that stuff's pretty runny. I love the Silk with Omega 3 DHA or whatever it is. Yum- creamy. Almond milk is NOT my cup of uh, milk? Anyone try the Hemp milk yet? We don't have it in our area yet. I hear it's pretty good though...especially with brownies. (my lame attempt at humor at this late hour).

I've had hemp milk! It's really good! I am a big fan of non-cow "milks" and I know that many people turn away in disgust as I chug down a glass, so I know it's not for everyone! When it comes in town you should grab a carton! NOM NOM! :D
  • rlyoungers
    rlyoungers Posts: 14
    Options
    My favorite is the Organic Valley original flavor soy milk. It is really rich and creamy and doesn't have that weird "faux-milk" flavoring that is in Silk plain.

I like almond and coconut milks okay, but soy is still my favorite! I've been drinking it for the last 10 years now!