Needing advice

Options
I need to lose 30 pounds in about 3 months.. does anyone have any advice?
I work out 3 days a week and i know that i need to do more, but any supplements or dieting tips?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    any more than 2lbs a week and it's not healthy...set your goals to 2lbs and work your butt off at least 5 days a week for an hour in the gym...and I mean sweat it out...possibly talk to a trainer while you're there to keep yourself healthy...don't get sick, that looks worse than being chubby
  • shmoejo
    shmoejo Posts: 37
    Options
    i have a friend who did a shake diet through a doctor. she lost 30 lbs in one month but she was a bigger girl and all she could eat for several weeks were those shakes.
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    First off losing 30 lbs in 90 is really unhealthy and you might gain it back afterwards okay.

On another note I have done it but started gaining it back not long after I lost it. I was doing the Power 90 5-6 days a week for 40 mins each session. I drank a ton of water about 64 oz a day and stopped eating bread, switched to whole wheat pasta only and whole wheat tortillas for wraps instead of sandwiches. I was taking a multivitamin daily and no soda! I did eat out once in a while but it was all preplanned before hand. It can be done but it's really unhealthy and doesn't stay off unless you continue to eat the way I explained constantly. It's better to just eat better and lost it gradually, but if your desperate it can be done. As for eating I ate a lot of salmon, chicken and steamed veggies, very little red meat and no bread.

Of course after I started eating bread again I gained most of it back, I just love bread to much to give it up forever.
    Good luck!
  • tanyizzle
    tanyizzle Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It is quite possible to lose 30 lbs in 3 months, Thats only 2 lbs a week. Which is what i have heard is perfectly healthy to do. You have to work really hard though.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i would definitely increase the number of days you work out...i have heard it said by personal trainers and doctors that starting out you need to work out 6-7 days.....doing just 3 days may not do it....you reallyneed to burn major calories, drink water, eat healthy, and make good healthy choices when it comes to your weight loss.....this site is great for encouragement and help