This Is Totally New To Me

cegrant
cegrant Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there,
My name is Cody and i'm 18 and a senior in high school. I work as a secretary for a car dealership. So basically to sum it all up, like so many other people, my day is spent sitting on my bum. Unfortunately, because i am a student and my attendance is mandatory, my hours that I can go to work are limited. So as a result, i work from 2:30pm to 8pm monday thru friday and 9-5 saturdays and sundays. What that means is that I have a jam packed schedule so I literally have to make time to do things for myself.

I know I'm definitely not the only one with a weight problem because well c'mon now i'm on a website geared towards helping people get their diet and excercise on track. I love to have fun and eat out and go places and hang out with friends. Eating out is defintely a staple that i have and if anyone at all has any advice on how to kick the habit please let me know.

I am over weight by about 50 pounds. I did loose forty already on my own but i've hit a wall and need help scaling it and getting back in to the wight loss groove.

I've never tracked my food and excercise online or at all for that matter so this is in fact totally new to me.

The BIG motive to do this is one thing.... SENIOR PROM. God what I would give to fit into some really sexy dress. So here is my attempt to get myself going.

If anyone has any tips or advice please feel free to leave me a comment.

Heres hoping~Cody

Replies

• Hi there,
    My name is Cody and i'm 18 and a senior in high school. I work as a secretary for a car dealership. So basically to sum it all up, like so many other people, my day is spent sitting on my bum. Unfortunately, because i am a student and my attendance is mandatory, my hours that I can go to work are limited. So as a result, i work from 2:30pm to 8pm monday thru friday and 9-5 saturdays and sundays. What that means is that I have a jam packed schedule so I literally have to make time to do things for myself.

I know I'm definitely not the only one with a weight problem because well c'mon now i'm on a website geared towards helping people get their diet and excercise on track. I love to have fun and eat out and go places and hang out with friends. Eating out is defintely a staple that i have and if anyone at all has any advice on how to kick the habit please let me know.

I am over weight by about 50 pounds. I did loose forty already on my own but i've hit a wall and need help scaling it and getting back in to the wight loss groove.

I've never tracked my food and excercise online or at all for that matter so this is in fact totally new to me.

The BIG motive to do this is one thing.... SENIOR PROM. God what I would give to fit into some really sexy dress. So here is my attempt to get myself going.

If anyone has any tips or advice please feel free to leave me a comment.

Heres hoping~Cody
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    :flowerforyou:
    Hey there Cody!!! And congrats on you 40 pounds!!! Huge accomplishment! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Welcome and wow!! You are already a pretty dang awesome and uber busy person!

I understand that fast food/eating out thing. I don't care for cooking and the cleaning up is what keeps me out of the kitchen all together!! So, I try to take one evening or weekend to prepare "to-go" food. I make 5 servings of brown rice and entire baggies of frozen veggies. I like to mix them together in containers and just grab them and go! Also, cans of tuna are easy to grab and throw on salads. You can make to-go meals with salads, actual meals......whatever! Brown baging it was all I really did in high school. It wasn't until my senior year that I started going to fast food places or buy from the carts they had around the school. And believe me! The weight showed up quick!!!

As for working out, you may have to get up a little earlier in the mornings to squeeze one in. So long as you move, you're doing good things for your body. Try some of Prevention's "bed workouts". They really help you wake up and feel refreshed. (prevention.com is the website. They have a lot of great tips!)

:flowerforyou:
    Best of luck!!
  • Cody,

Welcome! Joining this website is definitely a step in the right direction towards your goal. Tracking your calories that you eat and burn has really been the best way for me to lose weight. This website is great b/c there is such a big, responsive community that is there to support you, give advice and answer questions.

Good luck and keep posting!
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Cody.....you keep logging on here and journal everything you eat. I have learned so much about myself and my habits from being honest with my journaling. I have only been on here 2 weeks, but I know that this is really going to help me. Keep at it. Don't give up and find some time to exercise. Start out walking. If you can find a friend to buddy with that would be great! I am going to send you a message to add you as a friend. I would love to see pics of you at Senior prom with a BIG ole smile on your face! GO GIRL!!!! You can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • welcome to MFP! this is definitely a great place to find encouragement and support for meeting your weight loss goals. it's great that you're making your health a priority as such a young age.

as far as eating out is concerned, there are definitely healthy choices that you can make and stay on track with your diet. one tip i have is to plan out what you're going to order before getting to the restaurant. that way, you can think about all of the choices that you'll have and make the most healthy decisions ahead of time. you will be much less likely to give into the temptation to order an unhealthy meal if you've already decided to order something delicious AND nutritious. the nutritional information for a lot of restaurants is available on MFP, or on other websites.

keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.