cross tracking with weightwatchers

Options
i found myfitnesspal through a tumblr blog i follow and it seems pretty similar to what i do on weightwatchers but the awesome thing is MFP is free whereas WWers is not. SO i'm cross tracking for the next few weeks to see how it goes.

hopefully it'll go well and i can switch from WWers to MFP and save some money and lose weight.

i started at 175 lbs
i'm currently 153.7 lbs
my goal is 115 lbs

i'm about 5'1", though i haven't taken an "official" measurement in awhile.

i'm trying to loose weight to be healthier. i'm honestly pretty happy with the way i look most of the time (to say always would be a lie) but i have a few health related issues that will be better treated with some weight loss.

i'm really excited to have found this site! i wish everyone good luck!

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    I just recently found this website as well and I've been a WW member since 10/09. I use this website for support outside of my weekly meetings and I track my food too on my phone. I roughly base it as 1 point equals 50 calories - the MFP site suggests I eat about 150 calories (3pts) less a day then WW and I haven't been deprived. I really think both are useful and beneficial.

Welcome, I wish you the best, you can add me if you'd like :0)
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey i did the exact same thing few months ago and after 3 years battling with WW i cancelled my membership(which was hard) but i have not regretted it. This is free, and i feel the site is easier to use and the peoples support is fantastic.
    All the best and let me know how you do!
    =)
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hey there welcome to the site, you'll love it here.Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • gusto80
    gusto80 Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome! I am sure that it will work out for u. Keep us posted!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    welcome good luck whats nice about this site you can use with weight watchers or dr atkins anything you want to keep track of