Anyone getting weight loss surgery here?

Options
2»

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I had lap band in June 2008. I can't believe it's been 3 years ago already. I don't regret my decision at all.

With lap band, we have to go on liquid diet again for 3 days every time we get a fill. But I think you just have to put up with it initially before and after surgery. You can do it!! Good luck!
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My mother had gastric bypass done...good lord...6 years ago? I remember her diet started a year before they would even consider the surgery. The insurance I guess wanted to make sure it was absolutely necessary before they covered it. It obviously was, and it did take her about another year after the surgery to lose everything, but she lost like, me! So far she's lost roughly 300-350 (I say roughly because I've literally never known her weight, but judging by pants sizes etc that sounds about accurate). She loved it. It will get rough if you don't follow the after care correctly though!! But good luck!! I really think you'll do great! Everyone here is so supportive and truly cares!!
  • PghGal2011
    PghGal2011 Posts: 21
    Options
    I am 4 months out Lapband and did not have a pre op diet but I did start to journal 6 months prior. Today I journal everything, eat high protein and drink over 64 oz a day. I learned so much by watching Youtube videos, there is am awesome weight loss support community on there. also check out WLSFA (google it) there is a ton of info on there.
    I have had one week in the past 4 months I did not journal and I had a gain, you can cheat but once you start to feel better you won't want to!
    Good Luck!
  • dilona
    dilona Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting :) This will probably be the hardest and BEST thing I'll ever do! I'm really motivated and I feel like I have a good enough support network. My husband is amazing, I can talk to him about anything at all and we've been talking for hours on end about what could happen, what to be careful with, what he can do to support me. It's great that I know I can come to him with anything and he will help me see things more clearly and he never judges me for thinking certain things. Awesome!

Just a few more days and then it's surgery time. If anyone here would pray for me I'd really appreciate that. Add me as a friend!
  • bandedme
    bandedme Posts: 6
    Options
    I was put a 3 week liquid diet before my lap band surgery. It was was hard but I would do it again to get to where I am now. I love my band.
  • maxsdad9
    maxsdad9 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Paul and I am having LAP Band surgery on Monday. Im a little nervous about the procedure but I know all will be well. I also know and agree with pots that I have read that this is not a quick fix. It will take perseverance and determination to eat differently. I have lost a lot of weight over the course of my life but have always put it back on. I am doing the surgery in a desperate attempt to rid myself of the weight, Type II Diabetes and Sleep Apnea. Wish me well. I will be using this forum to get and give support. My Fitness Pal is an awesome app that I recently downloaded for free on my DROID. Best app choice of the year!
  • tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi. My name is Paul and I am having LAP Band surgery on Monday. Im a little nervous about the procedure but I know all will be well. I also know and agree with pots that I have read that this is not a quick fix. It will take perseverance and determination to eat differently. I have lost a lot of weight over the course of my life but have always put it back on. I am doing the surgery in a desperate attempt to rid myself of the weight, Type II Diabetes and Sleep Apnea. Wish me well. I will be using this forum to get and give support. My Fitness Pal is an awesome app that I recently downloaded for free on my DROID. Best app choice of the year!

Good for you for taking that first step! I understand being nervous, just breathe in and out ;) Follow all of the rules and work hard - you can do it! You are in my thoughts!
  • dilona
    dilona Posts: 27
    Options

Paul, I'll be thinking about you on Monday. I'm sure you'll be fine. Like the previous poster said, follow the rules and work hard. You'll do great!