Volumetrics

Options
Hello, just wondering if anyone has used the Volumetrics method to lose weight? if so, can you recommedn any tips or tricks? thanks!

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hello, just wondering if anyone has used the Volumetrics method to lose weight? if so, can you recommedn any tips or tricks? thanks!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

Never heard of it.??? What does it involve? just wondering
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It's just eating food with more volume for the same calories as denser food. The person who coined the theory is Dr. Barbara Rolls. She says we crave volume of food and that's why diets fail b/c you eat small amounts of calorie dense foods and then are hungry. The front of her book says it all. There's a picture of a a bowl of fruit salad and a small cupcake with an equal sign b/w them. They both have the same amount of calories but which fills you up more? You'd probably need to eat several cupcakes to feel as full as you do with the fruit salad. It's been discussed here before. Search the messages. A lot of people probably eat that way without realizing it as it is the healthy way most people advocate to eat -- low fat, whole grains, veg and fruits etc.. I know I've always looked at the nutritional facts to see how much more food I can get for the same calories (i.e. 2 diet yogourts vs. 1 regular - that's double the quantity of food but the same calories).