Kinect Your Shape FE sign in problem

Options
MsEmmy
MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
Hoping someone can help!

I got my Kinect yesterday and love it. However, even though the Xbox says I'm signed in, the FE game says I'm not and when I went to do a workout this morning it wasted 10 minutes recalibrating me (I had already done that yesterday )and then wouldn't save my progress as it said I hadn't signed in - yet when i go to the sign in page, it says I already am signed in!!

Also, how do you end YSFE? There doesn't seem to be a 'finish' button, it just takes you back to the choose exercise page...I can't seem to end the workout properly I just end up turning everything off.

Any advice gratefully received :smile:

Replies

• AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    hi there, the sign-in for the FE game is separate from the sign-in for the kinnect. so even if the kinnect has recognized you, you still have to stay in the middle of the floor when you turn on your shape and let the game recognize you and sign you in. you will see your silhouette in the middle of the screen and it reads your body and then says 'hello msemmy' or whatever you've called yourself. takes a bit of time to get used to everything ... and sometimes the game doesn't recognize you...different lighting, baggier clothing etc.
    as for ending games with kinnect...i've never figured that out either! or found a 'finsih' button on my games. i usually just grab the controller and turn of the system, or just eject the game once i've fully completed my routines.
    not sure if this will help at all but persist....the game is awesome. and wait til you get Zumba! yahoo!!
  • AmandaHammill
    Options
    oh...also, try loading the game after you've got the kinnect to recognize you.
  • eddiebrownIII
    Options
    You have to reclaibrate daily for awhile under different room set ups. Light effects the kinect alot. We have had it since the first day and now when I walk by it says hello. Also check your sign in set up on the xbox live menu. Enjoy your kinect!
  • Iamgiam
    Iamgiam Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi MsEmmy

I find sometimes if the lighting is wrong that my kinect fails to recognise me.. but it always pops up a screen allowing me to select my online avatar... This can be a bit frustrating but you shouldn't have to re-calibrate.

Being signed in to xbox and being signed into the FE game are two different things but it will become clear very quick.

Please note that FE is buggy.. it tries to be too precise rather than just seeing that you are trying .. It can be bloody annoying if your arm is not quite at the right angle or you are doing the splits and it tells you to open your legs wider next time..

Also the calorie counter does not behave correctly.. so until UBI do some bug fixes you may need to monitor your calories using maybe a smart phone or using this sites exercise input screen and select like Cardio low impact or high impact and the time.. let it add the calories.. I actually found that this sites results were very similar to what my phone was telling me..

Otherwise it does give you a good workout.. I sometimes think it totally ignores the fact that I am an obese 48 year old male and has me jumping around like at teenager but then if it was soft it wouldn't help..

Hope this helps somewhat.
    Regards
    G

oh ps how to end.. yes.. use the left arm down at 7 oclock and right arm straight down.. a little circle appears at the bottom left and the game pauses.. you then select kinect tuner.. and then from there you can select the kinect hub. It will ask you if you want to leave. Alternatively just use the controller and hit the middle dashboard button. bit of a palaver but....
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time for these replies, everyone :happy: I will definitely carry on with Kinect (gotta get my money's worth at least!). I have ordered Dance Central already:laugh:

Also glad you mentioned the calorie counter - I did 40 minutes of cardio boxing this morning and it said 77 calories used which is quite depressing! I can do better than that walking my dogs, although I suppose it adds variety and will tone me better.

I've only been on mfp for a week and you all seem nice and friendly so if anyone wants to add me as a friend, please do :flowerforyou:
  • Iamgiam
    Iamgiam Posts: 38
    Options
    I have been looking at the competition on the Kinect and I think Zumba is going to win..
    Already have Dance Central and it is fun and does, like all Kinect games, give you a good workout.
    But Zumba is supposed to be more work out based and I liked the demo although it was bloody hard lol.

:) G
  • AmandaHammill
    Options
    I love the Zumba. We had it first and then picked up Dance Central too. I did DC twice...nothing like Zumba for the energy expended!
    I go to 'live' classes now too when I can, but I still like dancing my way to fitness while no one's around. Tripping on my own feet is good for a laugh in both cases though. It really does get better the more you do it!