Need to get back to it! Motivators r u out there? :)

Options
jlp100
jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
Hi I'm Joy. I had the fitness pal iPhone app n was doin well but I've lost motivation n my weight has crept back up.

I hav a ton of clothes I wanna get back into plus want to get some confidence back. I've got a dreaded muffin top n would like to reduce this by my bday although I'm not deluded I realise it won't vanish in such a short time.

My other thing is that I'm a big carb eater. I kno it's bad but dam they taste good. I'm not big on veggies either. I wish I liked them n cud hav a salad in the summer but I just don't like them. Any tips on how to eat healthier in his dilemma would b appreciated.

I work full time and am studying so dnt hav the time I wish for but I think with a kick up the bum n some new friends we cud help each other.

Would appreciate any motivators out there to add me as a friend. Thanks :) x

Replies

• mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    Hi Joy! I do exactly the same thing! I lost 4 pounds then put them all on again and needed to give myself a kick up the bum again! I've now lost 2 of those pounds again! :)

I LOVE carbs! I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE carbs! The way I cope with it is to just limit my portion size! Instead of a having a sandwich and crisps at lunch I have a sandwich (get the carbs here) and vegetable soup (also a good option if you're not a fan of veggies - you're not aware that you're eating something healthy).

You CAN do it Joy! I guarantee! You might want to try an exercise class at your local gym too... something fun! It helps you tone and keeps up your energy! I'm a Zumba fan! Also, with a class, it's only 45-60 mins out of your day! It might help you concentrate more on your studies too! :D

Hope this helps!
    Good Luck with it all!
    x
  • deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You have done well by posting this.
    I would say if you want to eat carbs then do so, eat them in proportion to the protein that you like. Eat a little veg or fruit that you like, try to add it into your meal and try new things!
    Time isn't an issue here, organisation is the key. Plan your meals for the week and buy all the food you may need at the beginning of the week.
    I would advise to gradually add healthier things into your day.

Hope this helps and good luck! xx
  • themrsdunning
    themrsdunning Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Joy,

I understand what you mean. I got the app in January and sent a link to my partner. I didnt think he'd rate it much as hes not one for diets and we both love our food. However, I was pleasantly surprised when he suggested that we give it a go. We started in January and so far, he's lost 30lbs and Ive lost 20lbs. So its kind of slow and steady but its made a huge difference to us both.

The last 4/5 weeks though, we hame become a little complacent and because we are happy with our loss, have slipped into some old habits. The worst being.....eating sweets in bed at night lol. Jelly sweets, liquorice allsorts, that type of thing. So, at the weekend we decided to stop and have a good week. After both of us being stagnant with regard to weight loss for the last few weeks, we have both lost weight this week! So, its ok to cheat every now and then, just know your limit and get back on track. The key is knowing when to stop. If the scales are going up, its time. If theyre the same, then just go easy.

BBC good food website has some lovely recipes on it. I too like my carbs. My favourite food is curry. Try the red thai curry. If you pack it with tons of veg, its a real filler and still tastes of curry!

All the best x
  • nurse_carolyn
    nurse_carolyn Posts: 348
    Options
    move over cause I'm in the same boat that you are in. I was doing so well and then I went away to an out of town wedding and it was a 3 days of eating festivities. Needless to say I have gained weight and am trying to get my motivation back. Maybe I should go up to my closet and try on some clothes that don't fit :(
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    All it takes is the first step to get back into it and I think maybe trying on clothes that don't fit might be the best motivator right now. Just try and think about why you need to get those few pounds off and try to get your mind back to it. You can do it and by posting here you will get lots of motivation. Best of luck.
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to comment. I will try and take them on board.

Nice to know there's a good support network here :0). I can't belive it's taken so long to get wise to it. Im addicted to this site now!

Good luck to u all :0) heres to a healthy summer (well for the most part hee hee) x