Slow rev after fractured fibula recovery: Starting a new!

Options
Hello, my name is Susan.
I was doing really well with fitness before fracturing my leg July 5th surfing in La Jolla, CA this summer on vacation. I'm not sure of distance but ran for an hour just the morning before. I had be doing yoga classes 3x per week and 2 ultimate Frisbee games a week as my ideal workout week. Also I had 1 day at the gym to balance out cardio and weight workouts.

Well I have not gained much weight thankfully but I am starting from scratch. I am actually sick with strep so even though I can finally walk around, I am too sick to be motivated for that. Beautiful weather though!!!!! Would love to be out there swimming, and just starting with walking.

My goals are to:
Get back to 3x yoga per week.
Run 5 miles 1-2x per week.
weight training 1-2x per week.
Play 1-2 Ultimate games per week.

Although I don't actually suffer from depression, all of the above I consider to be my HAPPY PILLS!! I love to do them all less the weights. No matter how well I play in a game it always makes me happy to be playing. I also love the community aspect of Frisbee and yoga. I've been so lonely without the community aspect to my week. This is a journey of body and spirit. So anyway, I wanted to come onto this site and share a path.

Thanks for reading!!!
-Susan.
Week 1 Goals: Mon-Sun.
1.Yoga Friday.
7 PT exercises every day.
7 Walking every day for 10-30 min depending on how ankle feels.

Replies

• SusanSpry
    Options
    Hello, my name is Susan.
    I was doing really well with fitness before fracturing my leg July 5th surfing in La Jolla, CA this summer on vacation. I'm not sure of distance but ran for an hour just the morning before. I had be doing yoga classes 3x per week and 2 ultimate Frisbee games a week as my ideal workout week. Also I had 1 day at the gym to balance out cardio and weight workouts.

Well I have not gained much weight thankfully but I am starting from scratch. I am actually sick with strep so even though I can finally walk around, I am too sick to be motivated for that. Beautiful weather though!!!!! Would love to be out there swimming, and just starting with walking.

My goals are to:
    Get back to 3x yoga per week.
    Run 5 miles 1-2x per week.
    weight training 1-2x per week.
    Play 1-2 Ultimate games per week.

Although I don't actually suffer from depression, all of the above I consider to be my HAPPY PILLS!! I love to do them all less the weights. No matter how well I play in a game it always makes me happy to be playing. I also love the community aspect of Frisbee and yoga. I've been so lonely without the community aspect to my week. This is a journey of body and spirit. So anyway, I wanted to come onto this site and share a path.

Thanks for reading!!!
    -Susan.
    Week 1 Goals: Mon-Sun.
    1.Yoga Friday.
    7 PT exercises every day.
    7 Walking every day for 10-30 min depending on how ankle feels.