Atkins induction/Beer carbs?

Options
BeckyKSmith
BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
I just looked up MGD 64 (beer) and it only has 2 carbs per bottle. Why can you not have this on atkins induction if you stay well under the 20carbs allowed a day.......I work my tail off at the gym and I cannot make it through Memorial weekend without beer!

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Not sure, maybe the alcohol keeps you out of ketosis?

I like to have a beer every now and then.
    I say its a holiday, enjoy yourself within reason.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Not sure, maybe the alcohol keeps you out of ketosis?

I like to have a beer every now and then.
    I say its a holiday, enjoy yourself within reason.

You're correct - alcochol affects ketosis.
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I suppose, alcohol is burned BEFORE, fat, carbs, etc. Makes sense. Although, I suppose, if I have to pick a beer, MGD64 is probably one of the lower carb, lower calorie options. Better than a rum and coke! :drinker:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I suppose, alcohol is burned BEFORE, fat, carbs, etc. Makes sense. Although, I suppose, if I have to pick a beer, MGD64 is probably one of the lower carb, lower calorie options. Better than a rum and coke! :drinker:

White rum and coke zero :)
  • nlhawthorne
    nlhawthorne Posts: 34
    Options

White rum and coke zero :)

Yep, or red wine is good too for keeping you in ketosis! Although if you're only on Induction I would take it easy on the alcohol - you might get a bit swirly after less than you're used to!