Cleaning the Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Hi all~~~

Was wondering how y'all clean y'all's heart rate monitors....

I have a Polar FT7 and I've just been using soap and water.... but wondering if there was a better way. My HRM seems off kilter... it's checking at "00" every so often and I'm having to stop it and restart to get a better reading.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I just wipe it with my shirt when I take it off :blushing:

The manual says to use a damp cloth with or without mild soap. It does say NOT to use harsh chemicals (acetone, alcohol, gasoline (yeah, I'd do that!?!).
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I just swish the chest strap in very warm to hot water ...like my bathtub before I jump in and then hand it to dry...no problems with mine (yet)
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I just swish the chest strap in very warm to hot water ...like my bathtub before I jump in and then hand it to dry...no problems with mine (yet)

Yup, I do the same thing!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The expanded version of the owner's manual said to machine wash the chest strap in warm water at least after every five wearings. (They don't have the full manual in the packaging - you have to download the full owners manual online)

So, I put mine in a zippered washing bag and toss it in the laundry once a week.

The watch and the transmitter piece, I just wipe down with a damp, soft cloth after each use. And between machine washings, I just rinse the chest strap under warm water in the sink.
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    If you're getting the "00", that normally means your Wearlink strap could be at the end of its life due to the corrosion of the contacts. If it's still under warranty, I'd send it back to Polar for servicing.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have a Pulse SOnic HRM with a strap and it can not be put in the washer because of the piece that is actually
    on the strap itself. Mine doesn't have any cleaning instructions, I wonder if we can use an Anti-bacterial wipe on it?