Sin Day help please

mackemshazza
mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
I was out all day with work yesterday and have no clue how to start counting calories etc because I don't actually know what was in the food I ate (naughty I know)

Pic n mix = 2 white mice (sweets/candy), 1 block of generic fudge, small ladle of white boiled rice, small ladle of generic beef curry (not clue what was in it) small ladle of sweet potato and spinach curry)

Should I just go for 1,000 calories and be done with it and if so is there a way of just putting calories on and not worrying about protein etc?

I really don't want to leave a day blank but don't want to under estimate either.

Can anyone help?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    On days where I really have no idea, I just do my best to find something in the MFP database that comes close to what I ate. It isn't the best way to do it, but it gives you some idea. Plus, if the calorie count for one day is fuzzy and not terribly accurate, it won't hurt. As long as most days you are spot on, I wouldn't worry.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    If I ever eat something out and I am not sure what was in it, I usually go for some kind of equivalent on myfitnesspal.

Once we had a meal out and had an onion and greuyere tart so I added an asda one.

If you had curry I would search for curry and add one of those, obviously you are not going to get the calories 100% right but just don't add some kind of weight watchers or healthy style one if you can help it because 90% of the time you know it won't be ;) Also try not to add one another user has added because most likely that will be a healthy version too.

You could add:

milkybar white chocolate buttons for the mice
    thorntons fudge cube
    mfp's white rice
    marks and spencers beef curry / waitrose beef curry
    slimming world spinach and sweet potato curry

See what it comes to, hopefully it won't be too bad! :)
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Living in the UK, I pretty much guess about 50% of what I eat. Not guess so much as pick the closest thing to it. If I feel like it's under I normally quick add some calories. Better to be say than sorry.

If I have a day where I'm totally picking foods that are similar to it, I normally have a few more healthy calories to compensate anything I mis-calculated.
This discussion has been closed.