Hi I'm Cara

Options
I have 4 kids and I am a stay at home mom (or stay in my mini van mom). I homeschool the older 2 (soon to be doing 3 of them) and that makes it really hard to find time to exercise like I would otherwise. Ever since my baby was born (almost 18 mos) I have been doing the "I'll start Monday" thing. But Monday never comes. :/ I was very thin growing up and that was kind of my identity if that makes sense. Then, after I got married I put on some weight...right now, I'm 50 lbs above when I got married. And I struggle with that a lot. I have no need to get all the way back down (I can't imagine how that would look since I'm now 35 and have more skin from having babies-LOL) but I would like to get to 150. That would be a nice size 10 for me. I'm excited to get started here and lose this weight. I want to be able to sit with my knees pulled up towards my chest and not have a roll in the way. And not have my pants cutting in. And get rid of those stinkin' love handles!

Replies

• melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cara!

What are your plans for workout programs and nutrition?

You can always have a "Physical Education" class and have your kids join in on whatever it is you are doing for exercise. Make it fun for the whole family!

I'm 42 and was overweight after having kids - had been overweight for more than 20 years but have finally gotten rid of extra weight and feel the best! You can do this!

Glad to have you here. Feel free to friend me if you'd like additional support. I find it helps keep me motivated!

Mel
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi Cara

We have almost identical start and goal weights and height and I have only been here for a week so please add me as a friend if you'd like some support :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • enaid59
    enaid59 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Cara, I am Diane and I only started my diet 6 days ago. I download an app on my Ipad to count calories or to help log my food and am now checking in here. I am 5'8 and weigh 227. My weight has been ALL over the place. I have been heavy and thin. I would like to weigh 170. I know that may seem high but that is a good weight for me. I am 52 years old.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm Cara too :) good luck on mfp!!!! i have LOVED it!!
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Hi Cara, I'm Cathy. Welcome. You will find this site really easy to follow and lots of support. I only started a few days ago but really enjoy it so far. Good luck. Add me as a friend if you wish to.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    LOL, I didn't remember that I actually posted this. I *almost* introduced myself again! :embarassed: Thanks for the support.

@Diane-no, it doesn't seem high to me. One of my best friends is the same height as me (maybe 1/2 inch taller) and for her, 150 is HUGE (I don't think she's huge, she does)...the number is so variable on each person!

@MsEmmy-Yay! We do have almost identical "numbers"! :)

@Mel-I am using the Biggest Loser DVDs and I still have my old standby Denise Austin (kickboxing, pilates, etc) that helped me years ago-but I think that I have muscle memory with those...they are barely a challenge anymore!? The Biggest loser I'm using is Cardio Max and one other with Bob-Jillian's 30 day shred hurt my knee!? Tonight I ran (2 1/2 miles) and walked 1 1/2 miles. More b/c I needed a break from the kids :noway:

Hi everyone else! Thanks for the welcome!