Break Days?

Options
Hi Everyone!

I have only been using MFP to two weeks now, and I just discovered this online forum yesterday! I was just using my phone to log food and workouts and I have no idea this community exisisted...how awesome!

Anyway, not to get off track, I was wondering how many break days you take from working out in one weeks time, and what days you usually do it?

This week I worked out MTW and I was thining of breaking today and Sunday but I wanted to see what everyone else does.

Thanks!

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I Workout Monday, Tues, Wed. Take Thurs off, and then workout Fri and Sat. Then rest again on Sunday. I used to workout out every day, then things started to hurt and I read everywhere that it could lead to muscle loss as well. Enjoy your rest days!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

As far as rest days, you can do cardio every day, within reason. I wouldn't want to do it for like hours and hours every day, but it won't hurt you to do 30 minutes or so every day. If you're doing any kind of strength/resistance/weight training, you shouldn't work the same muscle group two days in a row. So if you're doing pushups, for example, you could do those MWF, resting on T/TH. If you're not currently doing any kind of strength training, it's something I'd recommend starting, because it will help keep your muscles looking good and prevent muscle loss as you continue to lose weight. :)

Hope that helps!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    This week I worked out Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and than Friday.
    I took a break on Monday and will be breaking today!
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me if you would like some encouragement. I take one day off per week and it's usually Sunday. Though I've been trying to do something active everyday.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My break days are based on my schedule so it's different every week. If I have the time, I work out. If I get to Saturday without a rest day, I take my rest day on Saturday or Sunday. I find there is usually one day a week where I just don't have time to get in a "real" workout though.
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I do cardio pretty much every day but may skip on Sundays if my body is tired. I used to do weights on Tues/Thurs/Saturday but I've been lazy lately and really need to get back into doing that.
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    I try to workout 4 days a week, Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat...but sometimes I am tired and don't want to get up so I sleep in and workout the following day. I listen to my body. Some weeks I'm working out 5 or 6 days, other weeks it's only 3 days. As long as I get a minimum of 3 workouts a week I'm happy.
  • antoniohunter82
    Options
    Only when I tweek a muscle I normally take a day off.
  • LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Friday's are my scheduled rest days...and sometimes Sunday, but I try to do some kind of cardio (walking mostly) every day! Today I did JM 30 day Shred and Insanity, tomorrow, I need that break! LOL