Finally Ready to make the change

Options
Hello Everyone. My name is Amy. I live in Northern OC. I just realized I am almost 40, duh, and need to make some changes. I am actually 38, with a wonderful husband and two awesome teenage boys. I am overweight, severely. I always wore my weight well and only had an issue with it in the last year when i gained 40 additional pounds. All of a sudden, I have high sugar, high blood pressure, imagine that. Lucky me I have decided to loose weight and be aggressive about it. I am all about working on the consistency of eating (choosing the right foods, not just using up my calories) and exercising regularly. I am also working on fixing the things that are broken, like why do i mood eat? Insecurities and boredom, I suppose, but i am sure we will see more on that as i move along. At this time, I just wanted to take a minute and say hello. I know we can do this i have seen to many stories of people who have been successful, today its time to be the successful person, one pound at a time. Good luck to everyone! :smile:

Replies

• CoachGena
    CoachGena Posts: 13
    Options
    You have already taken the most important step: you are ready to make a change. I have lost over 100 lbs. and so can you!!
  • j_desmet
    j_desmet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! the most important reason to make the commitment is for YOU!!! I've been at it about 6 weeks and have lost 28 pounds! You can do it!
  • paschtat85
    paschtat85 Posts: 45
    Options
    Welcome!!! You have made one of the best decisions ever! I have been here since April 1st and lost 20 lbs. It's amazing how my whole way of thinking and planning food has become so natural. We are here to help you obtain your goal. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Hi, welcome. My name is Cathy and I have only been here for a few days but I have found a difference already and you will too. You have already made the first, crucial step, which is addressing the probem. You will succeed because you will find the support online here amazaing. Add me as a friend if you like as we are both "newbies". Best of luck.