Healthy Snacks

Options
lottycat
lottycat Posts: 333 Member
The hardest time of day for me is mid afternoon at work... I get a lull after lunch and need somehthing to perk me up. What do other people take to work to snack on?

I have just started getting graze snack boxes (healthy ish snacks that are delivered to your work). They are awesome, really yummy, and it's exciting getting post :)

I got sent some codes for free boxes for my friends, so if anyone wnats use them feel free. Go to www.graze.com and use the code JM4H2L33 - you get the first box free and the 2nd one half price.

Hugs xxx

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    What is your coffee consumption like? I used to completely "hit a wall" mid afternoon every day myself. I decidd to only drink 2 cups of coffee each morning, then switch to water ONLY by 10am. After about a week I realized that I no longer had that lull in the afternoon . . . the excess caffine was actually making me crash by about 3pm. Once I cut that out I felt great all day.

My "go to" snacks are almonds, fruit, or some veggies sometimes dipped in hummus. I don't eat anything processed or prepared myself so always grab something fresh and healthy instead. Takes more time to prepare everything but once you get used to it, and used to everything being fresh and way more tasty you will never go back!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    my snack regimen consists of the following (I have rather high calorie amount, so I have lots of snacks)

carrots
    Light string cheese
    low sodium beef jerky
    almonds
    fat free greek yogurt
    sugar snap peas
    fruit (blueberries, strawberries, bananas)
    Cytobuilder whey protein supplement (cookies n cream)
    sometimes broccoli
    low sodium V8
    Whole wheat pretzels (no added salt)

in a pinch I'll have a cliff bar, but they're pretty high in sugar so, not usually.
  • chambermuzic
    Options
    this is only in the uk though isn't it?
    It seems like a really neat service, but don't think we have something like that here or at least not that affordable i'm sure.