LATENIGHT EATINGIS MY PROBLEM!!HELP!!!

Options
I ALWAYS DO GREAT DURING THE DAY BUT AT NIGHT, IM SO HUNGRY FOR THE WRONG THINGS!!CHOCOLATE,SWEETS. . ETC. . . IM TRYING THO!!! WHATS WORSE IS I KNOW BETTER. . IM A PERSONAL TRAINER!!! OH MY GOD!! I MUST BE HUMAN AFTER ALL!!!LOL!!!!

Replies

• FITTRACI
    Options
    I ALWAYS DO GREAT DURING THE DAY BUT AT NIGHT, IM SO HUNGRY FOR THE WRONG THINGS!!CHOCOLATE,SWEETS. . ETC. . . IM TRYING THO!!! WHATS WORSE IS I KNOW BETTER. . IM A PERSONAL TRAINER!!! OH MY GOD!! I MUST BE HUMAN AFTER ALL!!!LOL!!!!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    HI! TRY AND SAVE SOME CALORIES FOR THE EVENING SNACKS AND TRY TO STICK TO FRUIT AND HEALTHY STUFF. IT'S NOT MUCH I KNO AND IT TAKES SOME WORK. I LIKE TO SNACK ON POPCORN. IT GIVES ME A CHIP-EATING SATISFACTION FOR ONLY ABOUT 190 CALORIES PER BAG!!!!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    yes, it will get easier to learn to spread your calories out through the day so you can have a snack at night
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    HI! TRY AND SAVE SOME CALORIES FOR THE EVENING SNACKS AND TRY TO STICK TO FRUIT AND HEALTHY STUFF. IT'S NOT MUCH I KNO AND IT TAKES SOME WORK. I LIKE TO SNACK ON POPCORN. IT GIVES ME A CHIP-EATING SATISFACTION FOR ONLY ABOUT 190 CALORIES PER BAG!!!!

Ha ha, Razbo! I've never known you to shout! :)
  • Razboo
    Options

Ha ha, Razbo! I've never known you to shout! :)

If ya can't beat 'em... :wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I'm usually hungry for the wrong things. There are two common ways to approach this.

1. Give up all sweets for 2 weeks. No processed sugar, HFCS, maple syrup, none, nada. Promise yourself that you can have 1 dessert after 2 weeks, so you have something to look forward to and don't completely cave. Also don't have fake sugars: diet drinks, etc. Apples taste really good while doing this. This is all mental. It's teaching your brain that you do not eat this stuff, so you crave it less. This will NOT cure the craving entirely no matter what anyone tells you.

2. Tell yourself you can have sweets after you eat a plate full of veggies. You must eat the entire thing. Chances are you will be so bored after this much chewing, the sweet craving will go away. Oh, and the veggies have to be raw or steamed with nothing added - no salt, butter, nothing.

Hope this helps.
  • filergirl
    Options
    Good suggestions. I agree that you can retrain your body to hunger for the right things, at least most of the time. I am certainly craving junk food less and less, and finding myself wanting healthier foods more and more. Same with the gym -- at first it was tough and now I get grouchy if I can't go. It's a matter of breaking old habits by forming new ones, I think.
  • LashaRed
    Options
    I eat the 100 calorie mini-bag of popcorn at night. I find I am doing it out of boredom while watching TV or surfing the web. Maybe you are bored at night and want to eat to fill that time??
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Set a limit time for yourself such as 8 or 9 pm and try and stick with it. Also, I try and make sure that if I eat something at night to keep it light and low cal. If you're losing it and your tummy is screaming, try something like a soothing hot cup of broth or a big bowl of greens. I love the one-cal per spray dressings because 5-10 sprays go a surprisingly long way. Just make sure you don't turn to heavy high calorie food.

It gets easier, I promise.

Also, Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses are 22 Calories a piece... if you can manage to only eat one.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    LOL on just eating one....of anything...
  • webebeer
    Options
    a bowl of frosted flakes....1 cup....1/2 cup 2% milk.....low calories and swet....or melons.....
  • littlespoon
    Options
    I hate to say this because it sounds simplistic, but its true. (And this is what you would say to someone if they were quitting smoking or anything else....(and yes I have quit smoking)

Just dont eat it.

You are the only one putting the food in your mouth. Just dont.

(I know I am going to get some flack for this one - Razboo - help me out!!)
  • littlespoon
    Options
    I hate to say this because it sounds simplistic, but its true. (And this is what you would say to someone if they were quitting smoking or anything else....(and yes I have quit smoking)

Just dont eat it.

(i dont know why this posted twice - oh no - double the flack back!!) :ohwell:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I’m not going to give you any flack.
    Know why??
    Because what you posted is the truth. Not always easy to do but it is the truth.
    :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I threw out my fat-free sugar free (310mg Sodium !) pudding, and my peanut butter - actually put the powdered pudding in the peanut butter so there would be no going back. I almost have an empty refrigerator - threw out the cheese too - after eating half of it. No juice, no bread. Ok, starting over.

So.

Who's inviting me over for dinner?... Littlespoon, you are so right. No flack from me, either.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    I threw out my fat-free sugar free (310mg Sodium !) pudding, and my peanut butter - actually put the powdered pudding in the peanut butter so there would be no going back. I almost have an empty refrigerator - threw out the cheese too - after eating half of it. No juice, no bread. Ok, starting over.

So.

Who's inviting me over for dinner?... Littlespoon, you are so right. No flack from me, either.

LOL!
    You go girl!
    You sound like me.
    Come on over you can eat with me. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    The salt is KILLIN' me, Loretta! I swear it makes it impossible to lose. Who knew fat-free-sugar-free pudding could be a bad thing? Gaawwdd. Oh, and the Swiss Miss - I made one the other night and it was so gosh-awful salty I couldn't even drink it. Tons of sodium. Back to good old Hersheys for a treat.

LOL I get a newletter daily from SPEED -it is where the Nascar News is - they have a saying that is one of their catch-phrases....I saw it today and just thought of it....."There ain't a ounce of turn-back in it" --now there's a good southern quotable for ya'll. When I unsuccessfully tried to stop smoking I remember I used to soak the pack of cigarettes in vinegar before throwing them away.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    ....."There ain't a ounce of turn-back in it"

I love it!
    I have not only put things in the trash I also “nastyed um up”. Like you know and have done that way there ain’t no turn back in it!
    You go girl! You got it a goin on! :drinker:
  • Razboo
    Options

Just dont eat it.

:laugh:

It's true! This is where the self disciplin part comes in. I am very guilty of hitting the cupboards in the late evening. I slip more often than I care to admit, and it really comes down to that one statement as the means to success: "Just don't."
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    LOL I get a newletter daily from SPEED -it is where the Nascar News is - they have a saying that is one of their catch-phrases....I saw it today and just thought of it....."There ain't a ounce of turn-back in it" --now there's a good southern quotable for ya'll. When I unsuccessfully tried to stop smoking I remember I used to soak the pack of cigarettes in vinegar before throwing them away.

:laugh: I used to soak mine in water! They would dry out; but alas, going to the store wasn't a problem, so I never tried a previously wet cigarette. I did dig them out of the trash a couple times before I wet them. Nothing more pathetic than a smoker trying to quit.

I think the sugar free, fat free, food free, treats are part of the problem. If we are always denying ourselves, we cave. The constant eating of sweet tasting treats that are low calorie teaches us to eat sweat tasting things. And as always, in my, oh so humble, opinion.