wedding less than 3 months away and need to lose 20 pounds

Options
My wedding is 88 days away and I would like to lose 20 pounds. Can this be done? Right now I'm trying a fairly low carb and low fat diet. My daily carb intake is about 50-70 grams. Should I lower the carbs some more? I would really love to reach my goal by August. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yes this is achievable. The math works out to around l.6 pounds a week which is a good weight loss goal.

Go for it and congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I jogged/ran to prepare for my wedding (9 going on 10 yrs ago). I kept a picture of my wedding dress on the treadmill and it made me run harder. You can do it! :happy:
  • Britlatalladi
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY YOU CAN! It took me 34 days to lose 20 lbs. Just get some cardio in there to get your metabolism going and burning fat, and stay under your calorie goal, and you are all set! Good luck!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Its doable, but dont forget that low fat foods usually have excessive amounts of sugar. AND eating fat actually makes you a happier person.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is a well balanced food plan, so low carb is not wise. You need complex carbs for energy (with planning a wedding and exercising you likely need all the energy you can get). I get some complex carbs every day with either oatmeal, weight watchers whole wheat bread, brown rice, or whole wheat couscous. I make sure to have at least 2 servings each day minimum. Also, you need "good" fat in your diet to aid dietary functions, and improve the quality of your hair, skin, and nails. DO NOT skip incliding good fats in your diet everyday (ie. olive oil, natural peaunt butter, unsalted nuts, avacado).

If you are dedicated to tracking your caloires and eating a well balanced diet you can easily lose 20 pounds in 3 months.

Other things to consider as well though are to consume at least 10 glasses of water per day, stop eating 2 1/2 hours before bed, get your calories with "clean" and healthy food, get at least 7 hours of sleep each night, and aim for 30 minutes of daily exercise (even if it is just a walk that day).

Congrats on your soon to be wedding!
  • deal4321
    deal4321 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's more than do able.....I've lost 22lbs in 12 weeks. Go for it!!! You can do it!!
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Totally doable! Try eating 5 small meals a day. Watch your portions, refined sugars, and processed foods :)
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your well wishes and great advice everybody! I feel so much better and more motivated now.