Hello - UK newbie

Options
Just signed up. Live in the UK. Never calorie counted before. On day 2 and so far I am not climbing the walls!!:happy:

Replies

• lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm from the UK too, been doing this about a month. I'm feeling better than ever. Good luck :)

Feel free to add me as a friend x
  • JacqsP72
    JacqsP72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm relatively new, and this is my first time counting calories, its really working for me! Good luck!
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi, I switched from Weight Watchers a few months ago... this site is great! Glad you are here! Feel free to add me.
  • createdbyGod
    Options
    i live in the UK, though not British. Add me if you want to:-) all the best
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome and good luck! Fell free to add me :smile:
  • TearsoftheMushroom
    Options
    Hi

I am from UK too, been on this for two weeks, I am getting a bit hungrier before meals because I never exercised before, feeling much better and find it soo easy to calorie count on here, have the app on my iphone as well so I can add while at work. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck

Gillian
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i live in the UK, though not British. Add me if you want to:-) all the best

Ditto!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will really like this site! It makes it so easy for me, if I have to "write it down"... I tend to pass on the junk food! Makes me accountable I guess! Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me also!
  • Treacle34
    Treacle34 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you like, I'm on day 3 now - really enjoying it!
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the people that replied to this thread already.

Just wanted to update it. Being new to MFP I thought being friends with people meant just sticking to UK but now I realise how having friends from all over the world will just add more diverse support & motivation
    So everyone out there (not just from UK), I'd love to meet new friends and get cracking on this weight loss journey together.

Look forward to sharing our stories..........
  • angiebruen
    angiebruen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I heard about myfitnesspal.com on Facebook, so I've decided to join and track my progress, which I hope will help with my motivation :smile:

I lost 21 pounds last year in the run up to my summer holiday doing Atkins. I was very strict and exercised a lot, but the maintenance part was impossible when I got home. I've regained almost all the weight so I'm starting again :frown:

This time I'd like to be more sensible about food groups and not totally exclude some of them, which doesn't work long term.
    I hope to find friends here and lots of support for each other!

Good luck everyone :heart: talk soon
  • MattArcade
    MattArcade Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi Im from the UK too and just started on this site so welcome!

The people are really friendly here and give great advice,
  • Stacey_Lorraine
    Options
    Hey i've just joined the site as im hoping it will help motivate me to drop my 100lbs before me and my partner start trying for a baby ^_^
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm from the UK too, I started a week ago and believe me, this site does work! Feel free to add me =)
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm from the UK too. Been on this site for awhile now but only just getting seriously into it and counting my calories
    I'm actually combining this with the slim fast diet and couch to 5km only on the second proper day.
    Anyway good luck and feel free to add me too :-)
  • VickyT1978
    VickyT1978 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I too am a relative newbie from the UK. I started on 6 May and am lovin it. I've used similar sites in the past such as Tesco and Weight Watchers and this is so much easier. I used my iPad at home and my android phone when I'm out and about so it's easy to update as I go. Personally I don't add food as I eat it, I generally use the site to plan in advance what I am going to eat as I know that when I don't plan, that is when I tend to pick up rubbish to eat so now I have no excuse to eat rubbish.

Good luck and enjoy.