Very discouraging

Options
So idk how this happened but my scale broke my heart this morning! I woke up around two am to pee ad jumped on the scale and it read 147!!! I just about died! I was so.excited i almost couldnt fall back asleep! But then just now its right back to where its been for three weeks! :( at 150

Replies

• ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    my scale has been doing that to me for 8 months.
    very disheartening.
    my new approach: i dont care about the scale anymore!!!!!
    i eat right and log everything i put into my mouth, and i've taken my measurements and hope to see inches shedding as i tone.

dump your scale and keep doing what you're doing.
    you WILL prevail.

Good Luck! :drinker:
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    my scale has been doing that to me for 8 months.
    very disheartening.
    my new approach: i dont care about the scale anymore!!!!!
    i eat right and log everything i put into my mouth, and i've taken my measurements and hope to see inches shedding as i tone.

dump your scale and keep doing what you're doing.
    you WILL prevail.

Good Luck! :drinker:

One of the best pieces of advice I have yet to see on this topic. Good Shaindi
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
  • Pete_Mann
    Pete_Mann Posts: 94
    Options
    Those damn fluctuations will get you every time. I just had mine go down the other day, and I didn't even want to list it because I figured that it was just going to go right back up.

If you get stuck, try to mix things up a little bit. From what I am hearing your body can get accustomed to a workout routine in like 3 weeks, so you have to do things to confuse it. Switch from a treadmill to an elliptical, change from low weight high reps to high weight, low reps, anything to keep the body off it's game.

Hang in there, it'll get better. While it's easy to fixate on a number, just remember this is a process of getting healthy. Don't let the measurements let you over look the fact that you are taking steps to make your life better.
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i dislike my scale too. i find it best to weigh my self around the same time in the morning. your weight can shift all day, up or down.
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    So idk how this happened but my scale broke my heart this morning! I woke up around two am to pee ad jumped on the scale and it read 147!!! I just about died! I was so.excited i almost couldnt fall back asleep! But then just now its right back to where its been for three weeks! :( at 150

That happen to me few times and I go by the first one b/c is the very first one in the morning. Now that you are back to 150 maybe is b/c you had already had breakfast or drink something. I have also learn that I only weight myself once a WEEK and my weight day is Sunday Morning b/c if I weight myself more then that I would get so disapointed it isn't even funny. good luck don't get Discourage keep doing what you have been doing that u will do fine

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Lots of people have been in that boat. If you opened up your food diary, others may be able to help you with some useful suggestions.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm pretty good at helping people understand what's hampering their ability to lose weight.

Trust me though... its quite often the little things that rock the boat. People here are great at helping smooth the water.
  • heidilinthwaite
    Options
    Oh dear, I have the same trouble with my weight being the same for about 2-3 weeks and i had to recess all what i ate and change the foods what I was eating, too much the same don't help. Have you tried Slim Now tablets? if your in the UK you can get them from Tesco, they are good. They will give you a little push. xxxx
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, I have the same trouble with my weight being the same for about 2-3 weeks and i had to recess all what i ate and change the foods what I was eating, too much the same don't help. Have you tried Slim Now tablets? if your in the UK you can get them from Tesco, they are good. They will give you a little push. xxxx

oooo those tablets sound good, i am in the UK too, in Berkshire. Good luck! x