Kinda New......

Options
MissAmyB80
MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
Well...just wanted to intro myself. I'm sort of a newbie - from central IL. I've done MFP in the past but never blogged or gotten into the community. I'm hoping that meeting some great people on here and reading and sharing will help me stay inspired and motivated.

I have 100 lbs to lose. Wow. How daunting.

The good part - is that I have already lost 24 lbs since December. In a multitude of ways.

The first 15 were in the complete WRONG way. I actually found out my husband was having an affair and from Dec-Feb I was going through the process of divorce. During that time I wasn't taking care of myself or eating enough......

Once I started to recover from the emotional part of the divorce - my appetite returned. Fearful I would gain back the weight - I decided to try MFP. It worked great and I lost another 10 lbs.

A couple months ago I decided to give WW a try. I've had a lot of success with it in the past and had several friends currently on the program. I did lose almost 10 lbs - but over the past week I have been completely out of control - and have gained them all back.

So.....back to what I think worked best for me so far. MFP. The freedom to structure my day any way I want. The control of keeping track of each calorie.

I'd love to meet some other people and build up some online support.

My main motivation right now is an upcoming vacation. In October I am taking my 7 yr old daughter to Disney World for the first time. I am SOOOO excited. But I don't want to be THAT mom - who's sweating and needing to take breaks and sit. Can't handle all the walking. I don't want my weight and my physical limitations to hamper the most exciting week of my daughter's life thus far. I need to be able to keep up with her....and she's a total spitfire.

I'm also motivated to change my lifestyle for my girls. I have 2 daughters - the 7 yr old and a 2 yr old. And now - more then ever - I have to set a positive example for them of what it means to be a strong independent woman. And that means taking the best care I can of them - and myself.

Thanks for reading!!!

Replies

• mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi and good luck to you!! I didn't use the community tools at first either, but I find that it is so motivating having friends that really understand how we feel! I think you are on your way to success!! :happy:
  • Evlinqbus
    Evlinqbus Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats on everything you've accomplished on your own! I understand your position. Since my twin sons were born, I've lost 40 (almost 45) pounds. I used to be that dad, that was huffing and puffing, and couldn't do the cardio fitness. I've always had the strength, just not the cardio. But as long as we keep our heads down, and just push through the hard days, we'll make it.

Again, congrats, and keep it up!
  • bethlynch
    bethlynch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are 25% done with your goal!!! That is awesome! Setting a good example for your children is great motivation. Their lifestyle choices begin and end with you. If they see you taken care of yourself emotionally and physically then that is what they will do with themselves in their adult life.

Set "mini-goals" for yourself that are followed up with a reward. You have 76 lbs to go so set a 10% goal with a timeline, once you reach that 10% reward yourself with a new pair of jeans or something you have been craving. Giving into your craving every once and a while help develop will power and it pushes away binging. Breaking your weight loss down into sections will help you stay motivated because you are meet goals along the way. Instead of thinking "Oh man, I have 76 pounds to go"....you can think "Ok, only 7.6 pounds to go for my mini-goal"! Hope this helps! Good luck!!!!