I've hit a wall...HELP!!!

Options
Hey all- I've been on the plateau from hell for close tot a year now and I'm seriously losing my mojo!! I am at the point where I still want to lose, but I cannot fathom counting one more calorie, point, gram, set, whatever...I am seriously losing steam. I dont want to undo what I've done, but I am SICK TO DEATH of watching what I eat, etc. I'm afraid I'm going to undo all the hard work I've done thus far.

How in the world do I get my mojo back?
Any advice you can shed would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!

Replies

• goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey all- I've been on the plateau from hell for close tot a year now and I'm seriously losing my mojo!! I am at the point where I still want to lose, but I cannot fathom counting one more calorie, point, gram, set, whatever...I am seriously losing steam. I dont want to undo what I've done, but I am SICK TO DEATH of watching what I eat, etc. I'm afraid I'm going to undo all the hard work I've done thus far.

How in the world do I get my mojo back?
    Any advice you can shed would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks!!
  • tjcarle200
    Options
    :bigsmile: The Wall is the hardest thing to get over, but if you can find a trampoline it's easier, no?

Get running!! Whenever I feel tempted, that is when I exersize. Take up a new hobby and get out of the house as much as possible. Go shopping or something, go for a drive, cool off. This will help you to stay determined!
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A few things that have worked for me in the past have been:
    1) Bumping calories up just a bit. Sometimes you just gotta throw your body off kilter a bit.
    2) If you can run try High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) cardio training, it's basically jogging for a period of time then sprinting for a period (i.e. warmup, jog for 2 minutes, sprint for 30-45 seconds... keep repeating the jog and sprint for the workout. 20-30 minutes.)
    3) Make sure you get your recommended water intake. It helps digestion and keeps you from snacking.

Just my $.02
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Everyone hits a wall or a plateau at least once, if not many times. To me the best thing to do is shake things up a bit... I tend to eat the same thing everyday, I eat what works for me. Same with exercise, I do the same things over and over. That's when I hit a plateau. Most of the time it just takes a small shift to get over that wall. Like change what you eat for breakfast, or change an exercise. So it's not like to need to change everything which would be overwhelming. Good luck!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: