What am I doing wrong?

Options
I have been using MyFitnessPal for about 4 months now. I started trying to lose weight last year and started at 145 and got down to 135 from Jan - Apr, 2010. However, I did gain back some weight and went back up to 141 and joined a health club in Sept, 2010 and got back down to 133 as of Jan of this year. I got all the way down to 128 but then I stopped losing weight and have been the same weight for about 4 weeks. I exercise every day doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (which is about 26 min long). I also do an additional 30-45 min of cardio (Zumba, Tae Bo or P90X) in addition to that. I log every single food I eat on MyFitnessPal and am sometimes right at my calorie goal or slightly over.

My question is, should I not be eating the calories that I am burning through exercise? For example, if I burn 500-700 calories exercising, can I eat the additional 500 - 700 calories or should I just stick to my normal 1200 calories a day? I am obviously eating too much because I'm not losing anymore weight.

Please give me suggestions on how I can start losing weight again!

Thanks, Karen

SW 145
GW 120
CW 128

Replies