How Badly Were You Eating Before MFP?

Options

Replies

• editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Before MFP I thought I was okay to not eat that much during the day and at the end of the day eat about 3000-5000 calories. Now that I think of it all I can say is just Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • JCubbins
    JCubbins Posts: 92
    Options
    I was eating about 2,500 cals a day. I ate a very small breakfast or even skipped it and then at school I loaded up with chocolate. Dinner was pretty fine, but later I'd eat chips or cookies. My metabolism is pretty fast, so I didn't have problem with losing additional pounds, the change of eating habits was what counted.
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oh I'd say it was over 3000 - 4000 I really had a bad diet
    Just mindless eating for no reason - I easily consume 3 chocolate bars & 3 packs of crisps in one sitting & that would be 1 snack

It would be too scary to log an old day - thankfully they are far & few between at the moment :smile:
  • armywife121110
    Options
    I actually calculated a typical "chinese Buffet" meal the other day that I "USED" to eat. It's was close to 3000 calaroies alone!! My weakness is honey chicken and for just 1/2 cup it's 900 calories!! I never knew that!! I love that I can log all my info and see it in front of me!!
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Same here. MFP has really helped me make sense of it all. Of course I knew a cup of sour cream with a cup of crumble blue cheese (and seasonings) couldn't be all that good for you but I didn't really know how much. Or my favorite eating out meal; Appelbee's Oriental Chicken Salad (the fried version tasted best to me) with LOTS of extra dressing... I learned that I can have one of those if I don't have anything else at all that day AND only if I exercise, otherwise I go over my calorie max for the day.
    That's just two examples of careless (uninformed) eating, no wonder I was gaining so much excess weight!!!
    Now, I save up to go for special occasions and have the salad with the grilled chicken version is good (if they use real grilled chicken and not the prefab frozen packaged one they did on one occasion).

5465113.png
  • pithole
    pithole Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    6k to 7k daily.
    And that was with a highly active (labor) job.
    It was honeslty rediculous that I could maintain a 400lb body while unloading traincars.
    *sigh* That's all behind me now though.
  • tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just tried, and was only around 2250 / 2500 a day (only, yeah right).
    My problem was what I was eating rather than how much. Microwave meals, lots of chocolate, high sugar drinks.
    My Fat and Sat Fat were through the roof! :embarassed:

Good job i've got you lot keeping me on the straight and narrow now!
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I ate taco bell
    ALL THE TIME.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I ate taco bell
    ALL THE TIME.

I absolutely LOVE taco bell. It's my fave.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I ate taco bell
    ALL THE TIME.

I absolutely LOVE taco bell. It's my fave.

Me too! We still have it every Friday night lol
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Oh i know that i ate horrible before mfp. I would eat chips and dip or icecream while i would watch the Biggest Loser on tv . And now i have 100 calorie bag of popcorn ! Its funny how that MFP can just change your life all together !
  • fortworthbret
    Options
    I never checked, but I bet it would pass 5000 a day.
  • fortworthbret
    Options
    Including the 6 beers, according tot he mfp counters, I averaged 6500 a day.

the site has me at 1770 now. only on 3rd day, I feel pretty hungry :)
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I ate like a mindless zombie never any vegetables and very rarely I ate fruit. I pretty much lived off bagged,boxed and frozen foods
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to even enter all the stuff I used to eat. I would sit down at night and fix some air pop popcorn but then i would put at least half a stick of butter on it and then after eating that I would eat several Tbsp of peanutbutter. Now if i want peanut butter I measure out 2 Tblsp and log it and with my popcorn i now spray it with butter flaovored cooking spray. Tast just as good without all the calories.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Mostly drank pop, fast food at least 5 days a week, I added butter to everything i cooked and my favorite way to cook me is to fry it up in a lot of oil. I also ate out at all you can eat places at leat 3 times a month. And it doesnt help having a large family and th e point of getting together is to eat food There is always a birthday happening. :S I am worried about the get togethers the most.
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    I must have been up to 3000 calories a day. Probably 4000 on weekend if you add alcohol. This is why I ballooned up to over 240 lbs. I started to change my eating habits about 45 days before finding MFP. I had dropped about 20 lbs before joining. The site has extremely helpful with tracking food and opening my eyes to what I had been putting into my body.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Pre-MFP, I actually did ok since I'd been on Weight Watchers for a year. However, BEFORE THAT, it was rediculous! I wouldn't be surprised if I got up to 5000 calories or better some days. Breakfast would be something like a donut and latte from Dunkin Donuts or toast with peanut butter (not bad in and of itself but we're talking two big pieces of homeade style bread with 2 Tbsp of PB each....). Lunch would be a sandwich on that same bread from the cafeteria and would be a tuna melt or turkey rachel with a bag of chips and a soda. Then I'd have a snack of chocolate or cookies (several) some time in the afternoon. And I might have another snack in the car on the way home. Then I'd eat some rediculous portion of food for dinner. It's no wonder I got up to 260!

AND I'd usually follow that up with a drink or two at night. Not the diet and rum I have now but coffe brandy and milk! Geez...
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm not even sure where I would start. I honestly don't believe it was the food (albeit, I mostly ate processed foods due to 'time constraints' and pure laziness). My issue was the alcohol consumption and not moving. Between that and eating 3 meals regularly during the week and hardly anything over the weekend... After Really taking control and Paying Attention! (something I never wanted to do before... I was in such denial)... It baffles me that I ever wondered Why all I could do was maintain such a high weight.

Trying to teach myself how to maintain my metabolism with consistent, Healthy eating has Really opened my eyes. I hope I never go back to my old ways... even though it's only really been about 3 weeks since I've actually put forth some effort.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    the food i was eating was about the same.
    but the quanitities were off. I was thinking I was eating more/less that I really was.