Suggestions for sushi

o2blori
o2blori Posts: 168 Member
I don't want to blow my whole day or week...is sushi a bad idea?

Replies

• dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    sushi is great! stay away from 'spicy rolls' they have a lot of calories. something great is tuna roll, kapa maki roll, salmon roll and use light soy sauce. i love sushi!!
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    I really don't think its that bad for you other than the sodium.

I love the avacado rolls.
  • swycoff17
    swycoff17 Posts: 50 Member
    I don't think so. When I do sushi I just get a spicy tuna roll, clear soup and the side salad with ginger. It fills me up, is incredibly yummy and then I'm not over doing it with calories.
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    definetly try for brown rice sushi- less sugar. also, stay away from sauces and use light sodium soy sauce. i eat sushi all the time and it's definetly not blowing my diet! :)
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    white tuna sashimi! Yummy yummeryoo and not bad at all! You get that with seaweed salad and BOOM! Good lunch.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    def go with the sashimi --which is awesome! and no other additives and lower in sodium
  • aimee0515
    aimee0515 Posts: 67
    Any spicy roll has a lot of mayo in it. Get salmon/avocado roll or tuna/avocado roll and you're fine. And ask for it with brown rice. My problem is...if I go to a restaurant, I will eat like 5 different things. I have sushi usually a couple times a week from whole foods. One roll is around 400 calories (the ones I eat) so be careful cuz the calories do add up.
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Tuna and Salmon! ;)
  • ashreffler
    ashreffler Posts: 8
    I just had sushi myself yesterday. I did not make the best choices when it came to calorie value, but it sure was delicious! The shrimp tempura, for a roll, is a little more than 500 calories, so stay away from that. The spicy tuna roll is maybe 260? so not too bad and that would be great with a house salad. I think the ginger dressing was higher than expected in calories, so maybe try the salad dry.
  • srtiemann
    srtiemann Posts: 76
    I love Sushi! The only suggestion I can make is look up the calories prior to going! Make a plan on what to have.
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    I love sushi i eat a lot of it! i love the fact i can go out fir dinner with friends and not have to panic over the menu and what i should avoid. Sashimi is great, tastes good and is really good for u!

the only problem i have is that i want to eat so much of it!

enjoy!