the ad on the right side of the screen

Options
Does the ad with the banana going bad on it, the one on the right side of the screen bother you? It talks about stomach fat and foods not to eat. I clicked on it and it looks sketch. It shows a banana turning black, are they trying to convince us that we shouldn't eat bananas. I'm confused, haha.

Replies

• starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    I love bananas! You could tell me they're rat poison and I'd still eat one a day.
  • obifatkanobi
    obifatkanobi Posts: 190
    Options
    I just ignore them; but they can actually be pretty annoying. I'm using Mozilla Firefox for a browser, and recently tried the adblock ad-on and don't even see them anymore.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    All those dumb ads talking about what to eat and what not to eat to reduce belly fat are so stupid!! I hate them! There isn't a food that will strictly target one area of body fat. So lame.
    Quick tidbit of info though...the riper a banana gets the higher the GI is so eat them before they get brown spots. :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    The site owner doesn't specify the ads that show up. They are often triggered based on cookies left on your computer after visiting other sites.

Love the ads -- they are what keeps it free!!!
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I ignore the adverts on this site - they're always for or showing food and they make me hungry! haha!

I get one across the top with a big juicy burger - it's just not fair!! ;o)

Edited to add - I agree with the above poster though - they're what keep the site free so I don't mind that they're there!! Also - the one on top of my screen now is a pizza!! grrrr!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The ads here are not chosen by MFP... simply site content. So if you post about trying to lose weight, it'll show up all sorts of things about losing weight (that particular ad probably leads you to a site that prompts you to buy a "book" that tells you "diet secrets."
    If you also post about pizza a lot, you'll see Domino ads, haha. It happens. It's simply site content that makes the ads pop up.

They are annoying, but they're what keep MFP free! I LOVE ADS. :D
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    All those dumb ads talking about what to eat and what not to eat to reduce belly fat are so stupid!! I hate them! There isn't a food that will strictly target one area of body fat. So lame.
    Quick tidbit of info though...the riper a banana gets the higher the GI is so eat them before they get brown spots. :)

wow. I had no idea! thank you!