New and need tips

Options
Im new to the whole calorie counting thing. Im not particularly overweight, but Im not comfy with the few extra lbs I have put on. Sooooooo, here I am trying this out. I dont want to do yet another 'fad' diet. I need to learn healthy ways of eating and simple recipes that will keep me in the game and winning.

So, Im throwing it out there to you...anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks...And good luck to everyone going through this journey too =)

Replies

• mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    Water, water, water, watch your sodium and make sure to move each day.

Welcome :smile:
  • Rockstar_rabbit
    Options
    Watch your portions. It has helped me have a better relationship with food. And of course working out! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ChrisR0128
    ChrisR0128 Posts: 86
    Options
    Drink lots of water (it gets easier as you go, i actually prefer water over most drinks now). Be honest about logging your food. Find any type of exercise you like and do it. Be patient it takes time but it does work.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Watch what you are drinking. Instead of reaching for the high calories fruit juices/ pops/ shakes you can save those calories and use it towards an entire meal or two. and of course added fats are everywhere be aware. I've been using chicken stock instead of butter or oil to saute my veggies and meats. And it taste great. :)
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Count everything. If it passes your lips enter in MFP. The point is for you to be completely honest with yourself or you won't know where to make changes.
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    track everything u eat, even on the bad days:happy: