Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-In December 17

Options
Happy Monday! We are in our last full week of the challenge. What did you commit to doing? I need to get in 5 days of cardio and 3 days of weights. I know I can do it! You can meet your goals, too! Go for it!

Last night when I finally got home around 8:30 with 2 very tired crying boys and I had to do dishes, and some other housework I didn't feel like riding my bike. And, this time, I didn't. :frown: I got my housework done and went to bed. I did go shopping to pass the time again yesterday. So, I had some walking that I got in. No major plans today - start to pack for our trip, start to clean out van, pick up packages at post office... I should be able to get some exercise in today for sure.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! We are in our last full week of the challenge. What did you commit to doing? I need to get in 5 days of cardio and 3 days of weights. I know I can do it! You can meet your goals, too! Go for it!

Last night when I finally got home around 8:30 with 2 very tired crying boys and I had to do dishes, and some other housework I didn't feel like riding my bike. And, this time, I didn't. :frown: I got my housework done and went to bed. I did go shopping to pass the time again yesterday. So, I had some walking that I got in. No major plans today - start to pack for our trip, start to clean out van, pick up packages at post office... I should be able to get some exercise in today for sure.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    didn't quite meet my weekly goal again, but still didn't do too bad. Got all of my wieghts in, but was just shy of my cardio goal. I'll try again....
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I will definately meet my goal today. I was up and shoveling at 4 this morning with more to follow. I did my Bowflex routine, Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio & rode my stationary bike for 7 miles. Looks like I will have burned over 1300 calories by dinner....:wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Someday I'll burn over 1000 calories in a day...a girl can dream.

I did 45 min on the elliptical, 30 minutes weights, and a slow 30 minute walk with husband.

I only have 5 days left to kick butt. Today is yoga and walking, but I'll put in extra effort this week.

My energy level keeps going up; I'm sleeping well and losing weight (slowly). Must be doing something right.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Some of you people are just amazing. I exercise one way or another for at least an hour per day and only burn 350 - 400 cals. I don't know where you find the time to do it!

I cap out at hour per day (60 - 70 min) for 'planned' exercise because that's what my doctor said is all that is needed for a healthy lifestyle.

(By 'planned' exercise, I mean on the bench, treadmill, etc. Stuff that's not necessary like shovelling, painting, etc.)

Anywho, last night was what I call cardio night and using the treadmill. I went for 15 min at 3mph, then 15 at 4mph, then another 30 at 3mph. Just new to this type of exercise, so I found that to be quite a workout! Next cardio I plan for 20 min at 3, 20 at 4 then 20 at 3. Tonight it's back on the weights again.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Some of you people are just amazing. I exercise one way or another for at least an hour per day and only burn 350 - 400 cals. I don't know where you find the time to do it!

I cap out at hour per day (60 - 70 min) for 'planned' exercise because that's what my doctor said is all that is needed for a healthy lifestyle.

Elliptical can burn over 600/hour (some people really push and it's more). Kickboxing or certain types of karate over 700. Not that I would do these things yet, since you are just starting cardio, but that's how we burn so many calories - choice of exercise.

My husband's gym has a machine where I was burning over 800/hr on my 163 lb frame - kind of cross country ski mixed with elliptical - had to keep slowing down though, my heart rate was creeping over 160.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sunday rode bike for 75 minutes. Today 60 minute fast walk.

You can burn easily 700 calories + per hour on a bike. I started out walking 6 days per week. Because I live in a hilly area ( no flat streets) I typically was burning between 350 - 400 calories each time I walked. Then, thanks to this website, I saw that I could almost double the calorie burn in the same amount of time by switching from walking to riding. So, I broke out the old mountain bike and off I went. It was hard at first ( isnt everything) but the muscles came back pretty quickly.
    Best part is - the math works. Went from losing one pound per week to two pounds per week!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today I cleaned (for the extra cardio burn, and because I'm not that tidy :wink: ) for 30 min.

Then, I walk to the gym (40) through the snow and slush, and spin for 45 min.

Oh yeah, and then I'm supposed to do my 20 minutes of weights while watching TV tonight.

You're right Razbo, that is a lot. . . quite a switch up from my couch potato days. Not bad for a former fat girl, eh?

So jealous of your actual biking, denmother.... I don't have the nerve to do it here in the big city, and live in a postage stamp apartment, where I'd have no place to store my bike. I miss my college town commuter days sometimes...

Anyways, keep it up, all! We're almost to the new year. Who can believe it?:flowerforyou:
  • fatauntie
    Options
    between work, holiday "obligations", family and friends, I have no idea of when I am going to work out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it should get better as the week goes on!
    I think we all have to remember that each persons abilities are different. That does not make it better or worse, just different. You should set your own goals, that is why we are all here. If you fail at your own goals,which are different than others, you only have yourself to blame.
    What would aggrevate me more, is when someone brags on how hard they worked out. The are jogging 75min burning xxx calories and sound as if they just did a 1/2 marathon. Then you find out after much prodding it's at 4mph. That burns me!