I need help....

Options
I honestly cannot believe I'm having this problem, but I can't seem to eat enough calories if I work out?
I've looked back through my past few weeks and the days I exercise I have 200 to 300 calories left for the day. I eat three meals a day and a snack so I don't know what to do to get more calories. I have more problems getting enough calories on a normal workday than on the weekends when I can actually cook my meals.
A normal weekday for me (lets use today) consists of the following foods:
Breakfast
Quaker - Instant Oatmeal - Apples And Cinnamon - Lower Sugar, 1 packet -- 110 calories
Lunch
Minute Maid Light - Lemonade Fruit Drink, 16 fl oz -- 10 calories
South Beach Diet - Turkey and Bacon Club Wrap Sandwich Kit, 1 package -- 240 calories
Dinner
Betty Crocker Complete Meals - Cheesy Beef Taco, 3/10 package (153g) -- 385 calories
Betty Crocker - Warm Delights Minis Molten Chocolate Cake, 1 bowl -- 150 calories
Snacks
Sierra Mist Free - Diet Lemon-Lime Soda - 12oz Can, 2 can -- 0 calories
Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) -- 72 calories

And the grand total so far for today is 967 calories... and I am baffled! I feel completely full. I'm only eating when I'm hungry and I don't feel hungry in between meals. And what's worse is I haven't even exercised today! I'm at a loss. Hope you guys have some ideas cause I'm all out.

Replies

• SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I honestly cannot believe I'm having this problem, but I can't seem to eat enough calories if I work out?
    I've looked back through my past few weeks and the days I exercise I have 200 to 300 calories left for the day. I eat three meals a day and a snack so I don't know what to do to get more calories. I have more problems getting enough calories on a normal workday than on the weekends when I can actually cook my meals.
    A normal weekday for me (lets use today) consists of the following foods:
    Breakfast
    Quaker - Instant Oatmeal - Apples And Cinnamon - Lower Sugar, 1 packet -- 110 calories
    Lunch
    South Beach Diet - Turkey and Bacon Club Wrap Sandwich Kit, 1 package -- 240 calories
    Dinner
    Betty Crocker Complete Meals - Cheesy Beef Taco, 3/10 package (153g) -- 385 calories
    Betty Crocker - Warm Delights Minis Molten Chocolate Cake, 1 bowl -- 150 calories
    Snacks
    Sierra Mist Free - Diet Lemon-Lime Soda - 12oz Can, 2 can -- 0 calories
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) -- 72 calories

And the grand total so far for today is 967 calories... and I am baffled! I feel completely full. I'm only eating when I'm hungry and I don't feel hungry in between meals. And what's worse is I haven't even exercised today! I'm at a loss. Hope you guys have some ideas cause I'm all out.
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    I wouldnt worry about it if you arent feeling hungry! As long as your arent starving your body I dont think its really a big deal..but Im not a fitness expert either! I just know that I eat less than 1,000 cals like everyday AND I exercise daily anywhere from 20-80+ minutes of cardio a day (some combined with strength training). I dont starve myself, I eat when I am hungry or know I am about to be hungry.

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you are really concerned about it, you could add some almonds or walnuts to your oatmeal (they're higher in calories than some foods, but also have some very beneficial nutrients.) Or you could eat some more fruits and veggies (peanut butter and celery) :smile: My opinion is listen to your body.

Just my $.02
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    How about one tall glass of the most delicious chocolate milk you could find? Problem solved. :)
  • SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Too bad I don't like chocolate milk. But I do like milk in general, maybe that would be a good thing to add. I've heard low-fat or fat-free milk is good for a diet. Thanks for the idea!
    :flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    How about one tall glass of the most delicious chocolate milk you could find? Problem solved. :)
    make your own chocolate milk sweetie the commercially bought stuff is made from less than great milk it is however still legal to sell it just is not prime. But this is a great suggestion!!!!