HUNGRY!

skmath
skmath Posts: 6
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been serious about this for a few weeks now, and I had been finding myself totally happy and comfortable working within my calorie range. I tried to balance my exercise to work off any "splurge" calories I might be taking in, and that was working.

This week, though, I am finding myself to be hungry most of the time. Degrees of hungry. After I eat, I'll go a little while where I'm okay, and then I'm mildly hungry again, and by the time I'm due for another meal I'm RAVENOUS. In the past, I would snack on a little something, but that usually wasn't a healthy little something, so I'm trying really hard not to eat "junk" between meals.

I've heard that it's good to be hungry... is this true? And to what extent?

Thanks!

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    It's probably ok to be hungry as long as you can control yourself when it comes time to eat again. If I get hungry, there's no stopping me come meal time!!! I always have a snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon even if I'm not hungry (usually greek yogurt and then cheese and crackers). I rarely overeat at main meals now.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    How many calories are you taking in a day? How many times are you eating a day. It is best for you to eat 6 times a day...3 meals and 3 snacks. You need to eat your exercise calories. You also need to make sure you are getting in your water. Eat plenty of fiber. It will really fill you up.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Is it getting close to TOM? I get hungrier during that time.
This discussion has been closed.