work out at work

Options
i need some work out tips to do at work. i work at a hotel in reservation/front desk. i have my tennis shoes on and ready to go just need some tips to do TIA

Replies

• skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    do the stairs at work. What I mean by that is start at the bottom and go up and down the first step 10 tmes, then go and down to the 2nd step 10 times, then go up and down to the 3rd step 10 times and so forth til your down with the stair case. thats of course if you have some dead time at work.
  • sparadise
    sparadise Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lucky you! Hit the stairs on your morning and afternoon breaks. Maybe even lunch if you have time! Or, spend a half hour after work in the pool swimming laps.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I run laps around the building in the morning, and walk the long way when I have the time and energy. When weather is nice, I help with the mowing.
  • nannabooboosmommy
    Options
    Thanks i always take the stairs ( i can't stand our elevator) so im always walking down the hallways for things. But the thing is i can't leave the desk i have to stay behind it to respond to emails and answer the phone. So i need something to do just behind the desk.
  • mommiedawn
    mommiedawn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    got a chair? if so, sit in it and left your knees up toward your chest several times.....

put your arms in front of you like you were a genie and then stretch them out sideways and back in again and again

do some squats and lunges

do one-leg lifts in the chair

do one-leg squats with the wall for support if you need it

okay that's all ive got! lol
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    got a chair? if so, sit in it and left your knees up toward your chest several times.....

put your arms in front of you like you were a genie and then stretch them out sideways and back in again and again

do some squats and lunges

do one-leg lifts in the chair

do one-leg squats with the wall for support if you need it

okay that's all ive got! lol

You can do tricep dips using the chair too. Or chair push-ups (wall push-ups are good too, just stay focused on your form).

Squats and lunges are great. You can do those behind the desk and they really tone up your hamstrings and glutes. Maybe bring some free weights or resistance bands and keep them under the counter. Then you can pull them out on your breaks and do some strength training.

Edit: Oh! And burpees!! If you have enough room behind the desk these are the ultimate full-body workout for a small space (prisoners do them in their cells to stay in shape).
  • nannabooboosmommy
    Options
    great thanks ladies.