BODY WRAPS...

Options
Anyone ever done one? I'm going for my 1st body wrap this evening... I have a few friends that have done it and they all came out with different results. Apparently the wraps are suppose to help tighten skin, smooth out cellulite and get rid of some water weight and gets rid of any toxins. It guarantees that you'll loose anywhere between 8-14 inches if you keep up with your diet & exercise regimen. Fingers crossed I see some sort of results from this wrap :/ If you have ever done a body wrap please give me some feed back :) Thanks!

Replies

• britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    I am curious to hear what other people have to say about this. I have never had one, but I've wanted to try one (as a part of a nice, wonderful full-day visit to a spa....)
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Ive never had one done. But would love to hear about your results
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump because i want ONE
  • gnlglory
    gnlglory Posts: 10
    Options
    I did try those a long time ago, in fact I had 5 sessions. I don't remember the actual number but I did lose inches, very minimal though. It felt very relaxing and is a nice stress reliever!! Have fun!
  • lookin4love
    Options
    they really do work i got them done about once a week for a month and lost ALOT of inches....Good Luck
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I did this last summer, three times. I measured and weigh the morning before and the morning after, I did see results. HOWEVER, they are NOT permanent. Be aware, it gets hotter than hades while you're doing the wraps.. :) Have fun!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I studied hydrotherpy in a former life and the premise behind the wrap is to increase circulation and flush toxins out of the body. I'm a scientist at heart, so I agree with the circulation bit, but the toxin bit sounds kind of hokey to me. I've never heard of it being used for weight loss.

You'll enjoy it even if it doesn't make you shrink!
  • cpbarrett
    cpbarrett Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had one about 2 months ago. I think it worked ok. I supposedly lost about 11 inches total. I could see a small difference in my midsection.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I've always thought it sounded super relaxing....I may be interested =)
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know your results - sounds like something I would want.
  • ajp5333
    ajp5333 Posts: 1
    Options
    I tried it about a month ago and lost a total of 9 inches. I was told it was really up to me how long the results lasted. It takes toxins out of your body, so depending on what you put back into your body, you could have lasting results or very minimal results.
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I did about 5 sessions a few years ago when I lost weight that time around. You will lose some inches but it is not permanent, it really just strips the water out of your body. When you re-hydrate the inches will come back. I had a friend measure me before and measure me after and my results were no where near their results. So the second time I paid more attention and you will notice that they measure you tighter (meaning they pull the measuring tape tighter) when they do the after measurement than they did the before measurement.

So I guess long story short, if you are getting a wrap for short term results (too get into an outfit or look better in an outfit or bathing suit, etc.), I saw go for it. If you are looking for long term inches loss, then I say save your money.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    The results are not permanent however, you will feel your clothes alot looser. I had them done in Oct. 2009 over the course of once a week for one month. They were very relaxing and they measured me before and after and each week I had the same before measurements and the same after results. But they are great if you need to fit into something about a half a size smaller for a big event.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I did about 5 sessions a few years ago when I lost weight that time around. You will lose some inches but it is not permanent, it really just strips the water out of your body. When you re-hydrate the inches will come back. I had a friend measure me before and measure me after and my results were no where near their results. So the second time I paid more attention and you will notice that they measure you tighter (meaning they pull the measuring tape tighter) when they do the after measurement than they did the before measurement.

So I guess long story short, if you are getting a wrap for short term results (too get into an outfit or look better in an outfit or bathing suit, etc.), I saw go for it. If you are looking for long term inches loss, then I say save your money.

I have to agree to this. It's a lot of money for a short lived result.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    my sister actually just called me saying that she was going to start selling these (like a representative)..she tried it, and she says she lost 13 inches in 3 days....IDK if I am on the same page though...

Good luck with yours!
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rdfrds
    rdfrds Posts: 2
    Options
    They sell the same stuff at any feed or western tack store. It is called neck maker and it is made for horses. You can save a lot of money and still get the same results. Just wrap yourself with Neck Maker and Saran Wrap.
  • jacquie2006
    Options
    For those of you that may have been interested in hearing results:
    The wrap was a bizarre experience, a lil costly but so worth it :) I do believe it's a more temporary fix... you definitely have to continue working out and eating healthy in order to have the results stick longer....
    He measured me before and after.... I measured 13 inches less after the wrap (total inches lost throughout the WHOLE body). My problem areas were the ones that I was most concerned about: I lost a lil over an inch in my waist, another inch on each thigh and another inch around the belly (around belly button). The rest of the inches lost were spread throughout the rest of my body. My clothes were definitely looser... I wouldn't say I lost another dress size but I definitely fit so comfortably into a 5/6 (it's a lil loose). My skin feels alot smoother and although it didn't eliminate cellulite, it did make it a tiny bit less noticeable. I guess in my opinion, certain spots look a bit firmer (instead of jiggly). Overall, I'm satisfied with the results. I would def recommend to anyone that is looking to fit into a dress, bathing suit, etc... for a special occasion. (Especially if you continue your diet and exercise routine).
    Xoxo
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I had one but it didn't do anything.