Adult Diapers...

Options
All I can say is enough peeing already!!! Im all abt getting in my 8+ glasses of water, but geez a girl could use a break from the constant trips to the potty!!

Replies

• tracyklamo
    tracyklamo Posts: 31
    Options
    Haha. I think of the constant up and down and walking to the bathroom as "extra" cardio haha. I know the feeling and it sucks. =)
  • kparks770
    kparks770 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    LOL I was like ok this should be interesting.I heard on dr oz to try and hold it for like 30 min to a hour and build up to making your bladder stronger:)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    It gets better. I was drinking 9 glasses a day and not peeing all that frequently but now my dr. gave me a diuretic for my hearing (to rule our Menier's) and I am peeing all the time...
  • michelle2808
    Options
    In the same boar, lol my co- workers look at me funny so I told them I have a bladder the size of a pea ;) I drink over 100oz a day! Also, I noticed while I'm workingout I have to press pause to use the bathroom; and I even go to the bathroom before I start??? lol
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    No worries! Your body WILL get used to it and you won't have to go as often. Before I started I'd wake up 2-3 times in the night to go, now I sleep like a baby all night and go first thing in the morning A LOT.... and this is while drinking 8-15 eight oz. glasses a day of water! Your body is getting rid of toxins, it's a good thing :)
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    LOL I was like ok this should be interesting.I heard on dr oz to try and hold it for like 30 min to a hour and build up to making your bladder stronger:)

That sounds like a UTI waiting to happen!
  • LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It sucks for me today because I'm in the office by myself so everytime I have to pee I have to lock the office door, turn the phone on "night mode" and go to the bathroom. It definitely helps my bladder get stronger because I hold it in as long as I can!! LOL
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    No worries! Your body WILL get used to it and you won't have to go as often. Before I started I'd wake up 2-3 times in the night to go, now I sleep like a baby all night and go first thing in the morning A LOT.... and this is while drinking 8-15 eight oz. glasses a day of water! Your body is getting rid of toxins, it's a good thing :)
    Agreed!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    They all lie!! its been a year and my body hasn't gotten used to it!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Ask any Nurse, the bladder can be made to wait. We are AMAZING at it!!
  • michelle2808
    Options
    if I hold it my stomach hurts and or I "leek" lol sorry if that was TMI :)

• husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    You stop running to the bathroom after a while...once your body gets used to it. I can drink 10-12 glasses a day and only go to the bathroom like four times (other than right after getting up and right before going to bed) :drinker:
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options

^^^^^yep!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I hold off on my water until evening when I know I am going to have to do lots of driving....I hate that but I would definitely have to stop at least once or maybe more....
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

I have also heard that holding it is a way to develop a UTI.
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    [/quote

yep been 3 months no change i am always running to the toilet nearly had a few accidents. I go to the toilet before i leave my house i walk to the supermarket 10 minutes away and need to go again before i even start shopping. then finish shopping and go home have to bust through the door to the toilet to go again. I have only drank two cups so far for the day.
  • Sherri0706
    Sherri0706 Posts: 64
    Options
    During the day isn't as bad as waking up out of a good sleep having to go!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options

I have also heard that holding it is a way to develop a UTI.

Learning how to hold it for a reasonable amount of time will not give you a UTI. You should be "going" about every 4-5 hours, pending no medical issues that would make you go more frequently.

It also takes a couple weeks to rehydrate and normalize your bathroom habits.