Hate Rainy Days

Options
So I have to say that I'm so very tired of this cruddy weather. Its hard to stay motivated for exercising when you can't get outside and exercise naturally. Its so frustrating to be stuck inside doing the same old boring exercises. Anybody have any suggestions for some fun inside exercises, since it seems the weather is never going to change.

Replies

• utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    SO SO SO Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I'm over here in virginia having the same issues, cloudy and rainy for 8 days straight
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Me too. Last week I walked outside 4 times, this week so far = 0!!!!!!!!!! :(
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    grab a poncho and walk in the rain
  • mzbrandyluv
    mzbrandyluv Posts: 103
    Options
    So I have to say that I'm so very tired of this cruddy weather. Its hard to stay motivated for exercising when you can't get outside and exercise naturally. Its so frustrating to be stuck inside doing the same old boring exercises. Anybody have any suggestions for some fun inside exercises, since it seems the weather is never going to change.

Icky all week here in Rhode Island too (and COLD! BLAH)
    As for fun indoor activities...ever tried turning on "dance" music and dancing around the living room with your kids? This can be both fun and a nice bonding time ...and teaches them good habbits too! (not to mention you can really get a good sweat on!)

And....if you have a significant other...well, there's always some "adult time" to burn off those calories!

Just saying :wink:
  • spicybaer79
    spicybaer79 Posts: 21
    Options
    I would but its not just me that would be walking, and I don't much like the idea of my kids and stroller getting all wet to...Thanks for the suggestion though..
  • spicybaer79
    spicybaer79 Posts: 21
    Options

Icky all week here in Rhode Island too (and COLD! BLAH)
    As for fun indoor activities...ever tried turning on "dance" music and dancing around the living room with your kids? This can be both fun and a nice bonding time ...and teaches them good habbits too! (not to mention you can really get a good sweat on!)

And....if you have a significant other...well, there's always some "adult time" to burn off those calories!

Just saying :wink:

Great ideas...I do try and do that and while my daughter loves doing this my son, who has a sensory processing disorder hates this. So it doesn't work as well as I would like... As for the ohter, yeah not significant other so no suck luck there..:wink:
  • pametzger
    pametzger Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone...I'm back after 2 years away from FitPal and glad I came back! My goals are bigger now, but I'm not going to give up. I was very happy to squeeze in a one-mile brisk walk today between the raindrops. I am working in NJ but live in PA, and the weather is consistent in both places this week...wet. Because of my commute I try to walk 3 days during the week, and go to the gym on weekends. I also love to ride my bicycle, but can't do that in the rain either! I'm looking forward to a half-decent weekend though...hope the same for everyone on here!