Jalapeno Lovers!

Options
I love jalapenos, would eat them raw all day if I could! :heart:

Who else out there is a jalapeno lover and how to you cook them or with them? What's your favorite dish?

Of course, you have the classic bacon wrapped smoked jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese (not so healthy though), but I also top my salads with them, toss them in jarred salsa, throw them in soup, anything. I also grow my own, so they are extra spicey and I have 20-30 on hand at any given time.

Can't wait to hear your ideas!

Replies

• rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe stuffed with chunky salsa, wrapped in turkey bacon, then grilled. I love them as well, but I also love the cream cheese version, yum. Maybe cut up some string cheese, and wrap it in jalapeno with turkey bacon??
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    When I managed the subway down here, I would eat jalapenos all the time. I'd make jalapeno bread, too. I like to wrap them around my hot cheetos!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I like my jalapenos with my eggs, You can stuff them with chihuahua cheese and grill them or after stuffing them cover them in bbq sauce and bake them in the oven.
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    I add them to my daily veggie shake... as well as add them to my salads LOL or just about any foods I eat. I love spicy so there you go, growing up cajun I'm having to learn a whole new way to make some of my favorite dishes healthier am doing great there.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I like to wrap them around my hot cheetos!

I DO THIS TOO!!!
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    I make a recipe called Cowboy Caviar (I think its the same as on allrecipes.com) and it uses pickled jalapenos. You could try pickling your own since you have so many on hand! Try the recipe for Cowboy Caviar though, it's awesome
  • aferg2107
    aferg2107 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello there,

You may have already discovered this idea, but I love to cut up fresh jalapenos and put them in my eggs. I always get the Break Free eggs with no fat and lots of protein. I mix in onion, jalapenos, a touch of fat free cheese, fat free sour cream and some spices. Sometimes I will dice up turkey bacon or some kind of lunch meat to mix in as well. Just make sure to saute the vegetables first before you pour the egg over top. It is very yummy! Then I top my eggs with hot salsa. I am a spice lover as well!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options

Who else out there is a jalapeno lover and how to you cook them or with them? What's your favorite dish?

Of course, you have the classic bacon wrapped smoked jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese (not so healthy though), but I also top my salads with them, toss them in jarred salsa, throw them in soup, anything. I also grow my own, so they are extra spicey and I have 20-30 on hand at any given time.

You can also stuff them with shrimp and grill them. I love them in and on everything.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    Jalapenos are almost my favorite pepper. I grew a bunch in our garden last year and we had a very good crop. This year I am growing habaneros as I like it hot.
  • tproctor
    tproctor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I take pickled Jalapenos, cut them in half, and fill them with cream cheese or other similar fillings.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Interesting fact... Jalapenos are Chalked full of Vitamine C! which is GREAT! they have more Vitamin C in one Pepper, than there is in one orange.

I like them stuffed with peanut butter... If you are short on calories this is the way to go!
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Back in my gardening days -- we would make pepper fries -- slice up your peppers (we used banana and jalapeno) -- slice into strips -- spray a pan with cooking spray throw in the peppers and spray again -- bake at high temp like 400 for a few minutes -- we'd sprinkle salt, garlic, seasoned salt (what ever was handy) sometimes we added cheese to the top. Then dip in ranch or taco sauce or if you were me -- a combo of ranch AND taco sauce,

Eye watering, nose running but best snack we'd eat from the garden :)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a Honey Mustard Jalapeno Chicken recipe. ;)
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

I grew some last year and they were not so hot/spicy. I just planted 4 plants today. What am I doing wrong? Last year out of 3 plants I got like 4 peppers off of that many plants. What's the secret to growing them??? I am in Indiana btw.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    A topic after my own heart.....dude they are amazing....they taste awesome with Smooth Peanut Butter!

Yeah...def a Jalapeno Lover!!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Totally bumping THIS thread! Nice.

:blushing: < pretending he's burning from the heat.
  • sfmathews
    sfmathews Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am growing a couple of jalapeno plants as well as a few habs (new to me) this year. Can't wait to try out some of the suggestions!
  • silentpost
    silentpost Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this technically counts, but I've made pickles before and thrown a couple of jalapenos in, along with a habanero... wow! those pickles were BLAZING hot! :)

back on topic: I like putting chopped jalapenos and pepperjack cheese in burgers before grilling...soo good
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love jalapenos, but didn't know how to add them into my diet!!!!! That shrimp stuffed jalapeno sounds freakin' amazing!
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    bump