Posted in Fitness and Exercise and no Answers. Someone help!

Options
I posted this in another forum and no one even replied so i thought i would try here. I'm really confused about the whole activity level. So i will start by telling you a little bit about me because i am new to MFP. I'm 23, 5'7" and 168 lbs. My day consists of taking care of my 3 year old daughter. Which has me on my feet for some of the day. Then Monday through Friday I work for about 3 hours a day. My job consists of cleaning 9 bathrooms and a cafeteria. I am very active at my job, I am always moving. I want to be as accurate as possible when it comes to logging my activity and food, so do you think i am sedentary, lightly active, active or very active. Any additional exercise i do i plan on logging seperatly. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• nmterp
    nmterp Posts: 74
    Options
    I'd go with lightly active.
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You could always just start by saying you are "lightly active" and see how that works for a while. Its a whole trial and error thing. I hope that helps you out.
  • glenna221
    glenna221 Posts: 46
    Options
    I would slightly underestimate your daily activity level and see how things go. So maybe lightly active since you aren't constantly walking (eg, mailman) or lifting heavy objects.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I say active
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I say lightly active as well.
  • emilylaura7
    emilylaura7 Posts: 51
    Options
    same here..i'd go with lightly active as well. you dont have an 8-5 desk job, but youre also not a full time waitress.
  • ms_debbieg
    ms_debbieg Posts: 34
    Options
    I would say you are LIGHTY ACTIVE to ACTIVE.
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You could put your activity level as sedentary - most days at home. Then on days you work record it as cleaning under exercise and that will adjust your calorie intake for that day to compensate.:smile:
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Lightly active.
  • saintsbootcamp
    Options
    Considering just your day to day I would say your lightly active. That's just counting what you said above in my opinion. Sometimes as Moms it seems like all we do is active but I think that you would need alot of exercise in there to say active or very active.

Example for myself: I am an aerobics instructor teaching 5 days/ week, a mom of 3, and working out 6 days/week on my own so I put very active.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Lightly active.
    Agreed. I would say set it at lightly active, and then if you notice you aren't losing weight after several weeks you can set it to active to get more calories.
  • KendraLF
    KendraLF Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would set it at lightly active or active, the way I understand it is that you have to be moving most of the day, say 8hrs on your feet to consider it active, very active being a very strenous job that you actually work up a sweat doing. Plus this way you aren't overcalculating your calorie burn. And if you feel like you burn a lot more cleaning than that you can log you cleaning as a workout instead of putting it on your daily activity level. I've tried it both ways and it seems to workout the same either way. Good luck!
  • Redtala
    Redtala Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for your opinions. you really helped. i think i will set it at lightly active for now and see how it goes. Thanks again!