Fitness Challenge Board Game

Options
Has anyone heard about this? Or better yet, played it? Google it, or look it up on amazon if you are curious.

From what I understand, you pick a partner or two and each make a list of your own fitness goals. Say 5x cardio 3x weights or whatever. You have a chart where you get a star for each day you met your goals (remember kindergarten?). You also pick rewards and punishments if you do not reach your goals. For example, if I didn't reach my weekly goal, I might have to run an errand for other player who did reach weekly goal. Or I might have to get them a massage. Then if you meet your 8 week goal, you would have bigger rewards/punishments.

I guess the only problem I would have with the game is I wouldn't want to play with others who would try to sabotage me to win.

I bought this idea up at a small party last night, no one bit. I'm looking around for someone to challenge.

Can anyone think of a way to do this on-line? That seems impossible, but if anyone can think of a way to do this long distance (I have someone in mind for this), I would appreciate advice. It's mostly the reward/punishment part for long distance I'm thinking of.

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard about this? Or better yet, played it? Google it, or look it up on amazon if you are curious.

From what I understand, you pick a partner or two and each make a list of your own fitness goals. Say 5x cardio 3x weights or whatever. You have a chart where you get a star for each day you met your goals (remember kindergarten?). You also pick rewards and punishments if you do not reach your goals. For example, if I didn't reach my weekly goal, I might have to run an errand for other player who did reach weekly goal. Or I might have to get them a massage. Then if you meet your 8 week goal, you would have bigger rewards/punishments.

I guess the only problem I would have with the game is I wouldn't want to play with others who would try to sabotage me to win.

I bought this idea up at a small party last night, no one bit. I'm looking around for someone to challenge.

Can anyone think of a way to do this on-line? That seems impossible, but if anyone can think of a way to do this long distance (I have someone in mind for this), I would appreciate advice. It's mostly the reward/punishment part for long distance I'm thinking of.
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    that actually sounds like a really good idea. it gives people an incentive to keep going. i think it would br really good if you can compete with someone your own weight and height!!!! it would be a good tool on this site as well