What Motivates YOU?!

Options
I thought it would be fun if we all shared what is the biggest motivating factor for us, the thing that makes us push a little harder when we want to give up the most!

When I'm on the treadmill and I think about how much I want to reward myself with a swimsuit from here http://shop.blackmilkclothing.com/category/swimsuits and look great in it when I hit my goal size, it definitely makes me pick up the pace a little. My goal size is just a pair of jeans that I could fit in Summer of 2009, but can't even BEGIN to zip up or even pull up now. I also just want to be fit as a good example for my daughter. I'm going back to my hometown in mid-July and I want to be at goal by the time I get there, I moved in January. I think having a certain time period really puts things in perspective and pushes me to fight harder and make healthy choices.

What about you guys?

Replies

• Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Of course I am motivated by wanting to look and feel better. TO not feel uncomfortable in clothes that are too tight, my health, so my wife will always find me attractive, etc etc..... but what motivates me the most is to do all I can so that I am around as long as possible for my son.
  • Miraywas
    Miraywas Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for the Great motivation for the summer. I wanted to share my motivation to lose the excess weight. Part of it that I have a dress that needs to look good on me for a wedding at the end of the summer and another part is that I won't accommodate my body by buying bigger clothes, I will accommodate my clothes by losing the weight to fit in them again.

Hope that helps and that’s what motivates me, CLOTHING :)
    I have stopped shopping for clothes until I reach my goals (unless absolutely necessary)
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I know its cheesey but my kids motivate me number one! My little boys flex there muscles and say my mom is strong, it melts my heart! And other peoples sucess stories, Im a before an after junkie! I of course want to look nice but I try to just focus on being healthy and having enough energy to keep up with life!
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I know its cheesey but my kids motivate me number one! My little boys flex there muscles and say my mom is strong, it melts my heart! And other peoples sucess stories, Im a before an after junkie! I of course want to look nice but I try to just focus on being healthy and having enough energy to keep up with life!

I'm soooo a before and after junkie myself!! I get motivated knowing there are others out there who have had ups & downs, ins & outs and still managed to meet that "after" phase.. I keep thinking to myself we are all human, if they can do it I CAN DO IT!! I also totally get the "mommy is strong"... my little (boy) cousin told his mom one day after not seeing me for a while... "Dang mom, are girls suppose to have muscles like that?" Haha, a weird compliment but I walked away with my head held high!
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options

I'm soooo a before and after junkie myself!! I get motivated knowing there are others out there who have had ups & downs, ins & outs and still managed to meet that "after" phase.. I keep thinking to myself we are all human, if they can do it I CAN DO IT!! I also totally get the "mommy is strong"... my little (boy) cousin told his mom one day after not seeing me for a while... "Dang mom, are girls suppose to have muscles like that?" Haha, a weird compliment but I walked away with my head held high!
    Everyday I look at before and after inspiration! I used to always try to find a before that looked like me to see what I could transform into!! My kids are so funny, they say my mommy goes into the boys room to exercise because the gym nursery is next to the free weight room and they can see me in the window!! Then they bang on the window and yell HI MOMMY!!! There I am surrounded by men and waving to my kiddos thru the window!!!! LOL
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    My motivations that keep me working out 5-6 days a week:

1. Swimsuits (I love buying 2 new swimsuits every year. Just a great #1 motivator for me).

2. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders (these ladies are my favorite role models. Not only the way they look, but how they keep it up with exercise, nutrition, staying active everyday, and great natural looking makeup. I do my makeup like them nowadays. I can even do high kicks again now! Now I'm working on getting back my splits again! LOL!).

3. Sobriety (exercise has really helped me to stay sober for quite a while now. I have worked out, even in my binge weekend drinking days too, but very sporadic. Now, I'm at it 5-6 days a week and it's just the best way to stay sober. Better than any AA or 12 step programs).

4. My next trip to Florida (been there since 2000, about 4 times now, last time in 2008. We are planning on going again later this year).