Help with calorie counting... burned calories that is.

The main exercise I have been getting is walking. On the list the best description that fits me is brisk walking at 4.0 mph but i am not only doing a brisk walk at about 4 mph I am also pushing a double stroller that all together weighs a minimum of 100 pounds so I feel like I should be getting more calories burned than what the calculator is giving me. Any ideas of any other exercises that would be similar to what I am doing calorie burn wise? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Replies

• HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    I would rather log my calories burn as less than what I really am doing to make sure I don't eat back too much.
    Just keep logging as walking until you get an HRM.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Here is what a friend of mine charts hers as:

burned 647 calories doing 180 minutes of "Pushing or pulling stroller with child"
  • babs23
    babs23 Posts: 86
    I think you should get a bodybugg/bodymedia armband or a heart rate monitor. That's the only true way you'll know how many calories you burn during exercise. These exercise calculators are just estimates based on a standard.

I have a bodybugg. I take my total calories burned and plug it into a custom exercise I created on this site called "bodybugg." At the end of the day, my "net" calories is a negative number representing my calorie deficit.

Technically, I could do all of that on the bodybugg site, but their food database is terrible and time consuming.

A bugg or a good HRM is expensive, but sooo worth the cost. It's made me "self aware." I love it!
  • Bigfootehs
    Bigfootehs Posts: 9
    I got a HRM at walmart for $30 and it works really well. prolly not as good as a $100+ one but it gets the job done