Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weigh ins

tjcarle200
tjcarle200 Posts: 26
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
How often do you think I should record/weigh myself, and do measurements? One week, day, ect?

Replies

• How often do you think I should record/weigh myself, and do measurements? One week, day, ect?
  • hawkeyechick
    hawkeyechick Posts: 43 Member
    I've always heard and read it's not good to be obsessed with the scale and just weigh-in once a week.
    One's body can fluctuate so much depending if ate things with high sodium so scale can be different day to day and one might get discouraged if scale goes up for a day or two. As for taking measurements I prefer to do it once a month.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    i do every day morning / night may not be right but works for me or pisses me off to do better
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    I weigh once a week and measure once a month.
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    I think it's totally a pesonal choice thing. If it freaks you out to see the number move up and down alot I'd say only weigh yourself every week or month. I personally like to see the number just to see how my body reacts to food/exercise so I weigh myself every morning and measure once a week. The funny thing is that I never even owned a set of scales until I started on here. Now, even if i gain a pound from the day before, I am still happy that the number I am seeing is below what it was a month or two ago.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    I weigh myself everyday (or more) and put my weight in here everyday. However, I have a chart that I do on Monday.

I'm very odd, every time I want to "cheat" or at least eat something bad but within my calories I don't because if my weight was awesome that morning I want it to stay that way, and if it was bad I want to do better. LOL
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    I weigh every morning & take measurements monthly. I could do a lot of damage in a week if I wasn't watching it. I only record my weight on Mondays so I know it's ok to go up & down during the week, I just know what I want my weight to be at on Mondays.
  • i weigh myself frequently through the week but do an official weigh in on saturdaymornings when i get up after i do my morning bizness, and i never measured or probably won't, my measuring is now my shorts fall off lol
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    i do every day morning / night may not be right but works for me or pisses me off to do better

Same here.
  • Like I've read ahead...its really a personal choice. I myself do weight myself every morning and ever night
    I have heard doctors say though, that you will weigh more at night than during the day..so not to be to discouraged; but as far as recording the weight, I believe it would be best to record it weekly. And perhaps the measurements every 2 weeks.
    Hope it helps ^_^
    XxShayxX
This discussion has been closed.